Local knowledge Wincanton Somerton area please

Right, working tomorrow for a change, (I should know by now to keep my gob shut and volunteer for nothing. :unamused: :smiley: )
I will be tipping first at Wanstrow, next drop Langport.
I will need to go south A359 through that Bruton crap hole (apologies to any residents :smiley: ) to avoid the bridge north of Wanstrow.

When I hit the A303 at Sparkford, going west bound, is the A372 ‘‘truck friendly’’,.I think there is an ‘except for loading’ wt limit on there afaik.
Or …do I have to carry on A303 to Ilminster then A358/A378, which is a bit of a trek, OR any alternatives anybody??

Thanks in advance , and PLEASE don’t come back with… use your Tomtomgarminsooperdooperexpensivetrucker
sat nav to find out, I aint got one. :smiley:

Looks like it. The weight limit down there is on a side road off the A372 not far from joining it off the 303.

IMG_0022.JPG

weeto:
Looks like it.

Id guess RobRoy wont be too impressed, lessn that putor thingy speaks wi` a proper Zummerzet accent?

Franglais:

weeto:
Looks like it.

Id guess RobRoy wont be too impressed, lessn that putor thingy speaks wi` a proper Zummerzet accent?

Haha.

If you can get under the 14ft 9 bridge north of Langport get on the A372 at Podimore turn right into the B3151 then left onto B3153 through Somerton. Eventually it’ll meet up with the 372 just before Langport avoiding the weight limit.

I think you can return to Podimore via the 372 as the weight limit is only one way if I recall.

You can follow the A372, it takes you around Langport. The weight limit is in Langport. Do not, NOT, take the B3153, unless you enjoy narrow roads and irate locals.

Just follow the A372.

the nodding donkey:
You can follow the A372, it takes you around Langport. The weight limit is in Langport. Do not, NOT, take the B3153, unless you enjoy narrow roads and irate locals.

Just follow the A372.

Yep do not follow my previous advice!! checked again after what you said and I used to run up the 372 and turn up Tengore Lane to join the B3153 towards Langport. Been a while since I’ve been down that way so the brains abit fuzzy.

Ok lads, thanks a lot all of you, for your help.
I will see how I get on tomorrow. :wink:

robroy:

So !!!

bald bloke:

robroy:

So !!!

Got held up on way down in traffic big style. :imp:
Longer than expected at my first drop Salisbury, so will be finishing off tomorrow instead.

Had everything planned to military precision :smiley: to park at a place I know where there’s Sky Sports, to watch the football (got my priorities right eh? :laughing: ) but didn’t happen, ■■■■ up due to said hold up.
Found a pub here, …but no tv never mind Sky :unamused: , so back in the cab listening to it on 5 live. :frowning:

robroy:

bald bloke:

robroy:

So !!!

Longer than expected at my first drop Salisbury, so will be finishing off tomorrow instead.

Had everything planned to military precision :smiley: to park at a place I know where there’s Sky Sports, to watch the football (got my priorities right eh? :laughing: ) but didn’t happen, ■■■■ up due to said hold up.
Found a pub here, …but no tv never mind Sky :unamused: , so back in the cab listening to it on 5 live. :frowning:

All your own fault then as you planned your day out [emoji6][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:

robroy:

bald bloke:

robroy:

So !!!

All your own fault then as you planned your day out [emoji6][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeh I know, nobody’s perfect…not EVEN me! :open_mouth:
:laughing:

No tv :open_mouth: oh well onwards and upwards .

the nodding donkey:

Just follow the A372.

Yeh, done that and it brought me out just where I wanted to be at…Huish Escopi :open_mouth: , …(strange name, strange place,) but got a lovely well cooked breakfast for £2.50 at the canteen I delivered to at the slaughterhouse. (so the meat was fresh :smiley: :sunglasses: )
Anyway I digress, thanks for the help and info bud. :wink:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

Just follow the A372.

Yeh, done that and it brought me out just where I wanted to be at…Huish Escopi :open_mouth: , …(strange name, strange place,) but got a lovely well cooked breakfast for £2.50 at the canteen I delivered to at the slaughterhouse. (so the meat was fresh :smiley: :sunglasses: )

Taking the pis?

Snudger:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

Just follow the A372.

Taking the pis?

:open_mouth: Errr no, …how exactly?? :neutral_face:

I was quite pleased with my little joke. No-one takes the pis out of Huish Episcopi! (or pi to be pedantic but that wouldn’t have worked). Bit of a funny name, I must admit.

Snudger:
I was quite pleased with my little joke. No-one takes the pis out of Huish Episcopi! (or pi to be pedantic but that wouldn’t have worked). Bit of a funny name, I must admit.

That joke was FAR to elaborate for my brain mate. :laughing:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

Just follow the A372.

You’re most welcome.