Local knowledge Dorchester

Parked on an ind estate at Dorchester last night, had a walk into town.
On way back from Wetherspoons I saw a car park off Bridport road,.with designated truck parking spaces on there with a couple of trucks parked up.
How do you get there avoiding the weight limit?
Every road in to Dorchestrr off the by pass, has a ‘Except for Access’ sign, …Now does ‘access’ by the literal letter of the law mean access to tipping/loading point, or does it cover going to park up?
Bit of a daft question I know :unamused: , but I’m sure somebody will know the correct interpretation when it comes to weight limits.
So is there a road to that park that completely misses the wt limit basically, …just for next time.
The ind est is off Poundbury road, just wondering if that road is the only access through avoiding the wt limits.
Cheers.

robroy:
On way back from Wetherspoons I saw a car park off Bridport road,.with designated truck parking spaces on there with a couple of trucks parked up.
Every road in to Dorchestrr off the by pass, has a ‘Except for Access’ sign, …Now does ‘access’ by the literal letter of the law mean access to tipping/loading point, or does it cover going to park up?
Bit of a daft question I know :unamused: , but I’m sure somebody will know the correct interpretation when it comes to weight limits.
So is there a road to that park that completely misses the wt limit basically, …just for next time.
The ind est is off Poundbury road, just wondering if that road is the only access through avoiding the wt limits.
Cheers.

Top o’the town car park? Close to Wetherspoons. Parked over night several times and was, last time I visited, no fee after 6PM. Can be a little tight getting past cars but if leaving early no probs.
From memory signs say 7.5 tons except for access. If you are accessing park no probs.
Never had a prob myself.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Come in from the northern end of the bypass (A37)
Onto B3147 then right on the roundabout onto Bridport Road.
Used to park in there about 15 year ago and Im suprised they still allow wagons to stay overnight.
(Edit)…used to be a cafe in there as well.

robroy:
Cheers.

Won’t been there for much longer after that post, you will have every tom and ■■■■ clogging up the place

Thanks chaps, that’s where I’ll be parking next time.

Cafe still there btw, didn’t notice if any toilets on site.
Speaking of toilets,.I called in this morning at that BP garage opp ind est entrance, for a coffee and toilet, got the answer …‘Toilets closed’
When asked why,.I got the latest one word conversation stopper/excuse that is totally irrelevant.
‘‘COVID’’'…wtf? :unamused:

robroy:
Thanks chaps, that’s where I’ll be parking next time.

Cafe still there btw, didn’t notice if any toilets on site.
Speaking of toilets,.I called in this morning at that BP garage opp ind est entrance, for a coffee and toilet, got the answer …‘Toilets closed’
When asked why,.I got the latest one word conversation stopper/excuse that is totally irrelevant.
‘‘COVID’’'…wtf? :unamused:

A woman on a radio phone in recently said she is curious what all these businesses and organisations are going to do once “due to covid” is no longer a valid excuse. As she pointed out, most every incident of missed deadlines, bad customer service etc covid or social distancing seems to be the reason.

You’d think covid would be a reason for the toilets and wash facilities to be open. I had the pleasure of using 2 portaloo today. No water, just sanitizer dispenser, which was empty at one of them. I have been to various third party customers and supplier sites and, mostly the smaller companies have either allowed use of their regular facilities, or in the case of one place have even changed their 2 male toilets into 1 drivers toilet (which was kept immaculate) and 1 staff toilet. Seems to be the bigger companies with fancy slogans and signs that like the portaloo idea. Sadly, even when the restrictions end, I’m sure the plastic screens and portaloo will remain [emoji849]

The worst part about this is that our company is part of a group, and one of the portaloos mentioned above is at another member of the group!

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Portaloos. :unamused: …I normally ask them ‘Do you use it’, no, then nor am I’’ then threaten to pull out to go and find proper facilities,.that usually leads to 'You best go and see my boss’s which usually sorts the job out.
Don’t let these 2hats treat you like a second class citizen, you are as good as they are, if we do it just perpetuates it. :bulb:

Bigtruck3:

robroy:
Cheers.

Won’t been there for much longer after that post, you will have every tom and ■■■■ clogging up the place

Cheers for that mate. :unamused:
There’s one thing keeping your own little places secret., and being very selective as to who you share them with,.and another commenting and enquiring on a forum about an official designated park that can be found by anyone at the click of a button when actively looking for a park in that area. :bulb: