Local jobs for local hauliers!

So should everything Get those dammed lorries off the road especially those foreign ones :laughing:

dirty devil 666:
I have noticed that just recently, there seems to be alot of outsiders hauling for container firms in felixtowe. Yes mr benton brothers & mr R.P.L to name just a couple! I know for a fact that felixtowe is very slow at the moment so why cant hauliers like this bugger off out of there and leave the work for near bankrupt local firms. I mean, it’s not as if they normally haul out of deserted towns or anything is it, R.P.L is a company from milton keynes so if they cant get work there then pack it in. Maybe if they did [zb] off out of felix then perhaps we wouldnt be seeing so many local firms going short!!

So we have inland container ports dotted along the A14.

Suffolk haulier takes it to Cambridge; swops the box with another who takes it to Kettering etc etc etc.

No. Thats not local enough. Felixistowe driver takes it to Ipswich; Ipswich driver takes it to Bury; and on and on.

I will stand at M1 J29A tomorrow and stop all these non local trucks from using our fantastic Derbyshire motorway.

A local motorway for local people.

:unamused:

Too Fat Too Fly Wrote:

UnionJack wrote:
I reckon all those containers should go by train anyway… Laughing Laughing Laughing

So should all the vegetables farmer boy Laughing Laughing Razz

Isnt there a policy about personal insult, well if i was from round here i might have been offended, anyway thats rich coming from a river rat !!

Wheelnut could you explain the comment about NWT educating the carrot crunchers. Just out of interest.

aidey:
I dont think you’ll see to many pulling out as most of them are subbing to the big companies wincanton etc. anyway. But i do understand what your saying. The only thing is maybe some of the big ones will have to lay off subbies to make enough work for there own trucks. I dont see it getting any better in the next few months though.

they have done exactly the opposite on the construction side,if you get commercial motor mag,you’ll see over the last 5/6months all them wagon/drag/cranes all belonged to wincanton…done me and my great mate a huge favour,no slow-down as yet,but we’ll see what happens in the new year.

Good luck to you mate. But i was talking about container haulage rather than on a general basis.If they dont stand down some of the subbies they will have their own vehicles standing but then again it could be cheaper to lay the drivers off use subbies and stand their own. Who can tell these days.

aidey:
Good luck to you mate. But i was talking about container haulage rather than on a general basis.If they dont stand down some of the subbies they will have their own vehicles standing but then again it could be cheaper to lay the drivers off use subbies and stand their own. Who can tell these days.

cheers aidey,but alas not such good luck ere…broke me zb foot on friday morning after loading,just what i need at this time of year…so i’m the lookout for a pilot…which ain’t gonna be easy. :cry:

Better for the big boys to stand there motors down and keep subbies going… we don,t cost them anything they money out of us boys

BRICKTROTTER XL:
Better for the big boys to stand there motors down and keep subbies going… we don,t cost them anything they money out of us boys

and quite right too my great friend…what to points make? bring on the jewsons contract!!!

cheers aidey,but alas not such good luck ere…broke me zb foot on friday morning after loading,just what i need at this time of year…so i’m the lookout for a pilot…which ain’t gonna be easy.

Would’nt have thought you’d struggle to much with all these blokes needin work.
Get well soon :slight_smile:

aidey:
cheers aidey,but alas not such good luck ere…broke me zb foot on friday morning after loading,just what i need at this time of year…so i’m the lookout for a pilot…which ain’t gonna be easy.

Would’nt have thought you’d struggle to much with all these blokes needin work.
Get well soon :slight_smile:

yea know what your saying mate,issue is finding someone who would treat my “very tidy,new tackle” as i would,it’s brick/block work which ain’t everyones cuppa tea if you know what i mean.