Loads sent without paperwork and CMRs

I’ve noticed that in the last three weeks that I started my new job as a driver for a P&O Ferrymasters trailer contract that quite a few loads coming over the water don’t often carry the original paperwork and CMRs. I’ve checked the pouches inside and outside the trailer, and the pallets themselves, but there’s nothing there. But yet when we reload somewhere to go back abroad, the sender will hand us a bundle of paperwork, plus a CMR, to be sent with the load, which we then put in the trailer prior to sealing.

I’ll give you an example:

Last Friday, I was sent up to a steel stockist in Washington with a coil that was imported from Zeeburgge. So, after pulling off the dock, I opened the back doors, and as usual, there was no paperwork accompanying the load, so I wrote out a CMR (P&O need it as a POD). After rolling into their premises, I presented the CMR to the jobsworth in the yard, which he immediately grunted “That’s no good drive. Might have to refuse the coil”. So, I rang the gaffer, and he mentioned that he would try to get the original paperwork faxed or e-mailed straight over to the customer. But, for some strange reason, a few minutes later I got waved into the shed, they whipped the coil off my trailer, and then sent on my way.

Any advice?

Happens quite a lot with ferry trailers…i just used to fill out a blank cmr with the basics before leaving the port after checking with the office, as long as you have something written out for the slim chance you will get pulled it’s cool…don’t know why companies do it though as i’m not sure if any insurance coverage applies :question:

Certain goods can change country of origin in transit :wink: Usually food.
I expect it is endemic, as money needs to grease the wheels…

Garbo2018:
Last Friday, I was sent up to a steel stockist in Washington with a coil that was imported from Zeeburgge. So, after pulling off the dock, I opened the back doors, and as usual, there was no paperwork accompanying the load, so I wrote out a CMR (P&O need it as a POD).

What could possibly go wrong if the consignee refuses to sign the dodgy POD and says what load there’s no load been received here.It reminds me of an incident when I delivered an artic load of re bar etc and after it was all tipped the yard staff said they weren’t authorised to sign for it and the office is closed come back tomorrow.I zb myself when the guvnor said it’s all down to me if I don’t get that signature.

Garbo2018:
I’ve noticed that in the last three weeks that I started my new job as a driver for a P&O Ferrymasters trailer contract that quite a few loads coming over the water don’t often carry the original paperwork and CMRs. I’ve checked the pouches inside and outside the trailer, and the pallets themselves, but there’s nothing there. But yet when we reload somewhere to go back abroad, the sender will hand us a bundle of paperwork, plus a CMR, to be sent with the load, which we then put in the trailer prior to sealing.

I’ll give you an example:

Last Friday, I was sent up to a steel stockist in Washington with a coil that was imported from Zeeburgge. So, after pulling off the dock, I opened the back doors, and as usual, there was no paperwork accompanying the load, so I wrote out a CMR (P&O need it as a POD). After rolling into their premises, I presented the CMR to the jobsworth in the yard, which he immediately grunted “That’s no good drive. Might have to refuse the coil”. So, I rang the gaffer, and he mentioned that he would try to get the original paperwork faxed or e-mailed straight over to the customer. But, for some strange reason, a few minutes later I got waved into the shed, they whipped the coil off my trailer, and then sent on my way.

Any advice?

Not really anything more you can do, notify those who get paid to care and scribble out a CMR for yourself.

Best to ignore yard chimps, tell them to Shh and ask for a grown up to deal with the problem. I find the Shh annoys them just as much as getting someone above them to point out that they have the same authority as a pallet.

TheUncaringCowboy:
Best to ignore yard chimps, tell them to Shh and ask for a grown up to deal with the problem. I find the Shh annoys them just as much as getting someone above them to point out that they have the same authority as a pallet.

You spend a lot of time waiting for forkies to unload you wondering why everyone else who turns up after you gets done first don’t you?

Conor:

TheUncaringCowboy:

You spend a lot of time waiting for forkies to unload you wondering why everyone else who turns up after you gets done first don’t you?

No. Not much call for forklifts with what I carry.

How’s the degree in trailer swaps going for you?

Not really anything more you can do, notify those who get paid to care and scribble out a CMR for yourself.

[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
thats the one for you.
its not your truck,its not your load,its not your business,so ask your gaffer,then examine the insides of your eyelids till someone that takes responsibility tells you what to do…