ill tell the story first

get to work to find trailer loaded full of tyres, told not to open back doors as they struggled to shut them its that full and can i give message to be carefull when they go to undo doors to tip it as tyres are likely to come out, also message written on dirty back doors with finger saying be carefull when opening as full and date 2/ 10/ 06. box trailer with back doors shut so load for me is safe and i take my time so get there o.k.get there and supervisor runs across yard and says how bads it ady as weve had warning to be carefull when opening doors, dont know mate as havent seen inside as too full to open to look but be carefull , dont know what happened then as put in trailer park as were tipping later
now this is starting to get a regular thing so what would happen in the event someone got hurt by flying tyre when opening doors

1, should i be passing on messages[ some times no ones there so cant pass on message
2by passing on message would i be at fault in the event of a accident
3 who would be at fault in the event of a accident
4 some would say dont take it but lifes not that easy as its safe for me to drive[ i know i cant restrain it because i cant open back doors but it s i.m.h.o nigh on impossible to restrain a load of tyres
thanks

try looking here and read it slowly and throughly,also take a
look at the HSE WEB SITE IT HAS SOME MORE GOOD TIPS

I can’t comment on tyres but I remember once speaking to someone who had worked at a place where the received foreign vehicles loaded with ceramic tiles.

The Standard Proceedure for deliveries of this nature was to put a pallet on a FLT and raise it to within a few inches of the doors, then, if the load HAD fallen back, when the driver released the door it would only open a few inches rather than risk the driver being buried under a mound of mosaic.

You can’t eliminate risk. Only ‘Manage’ it.