Loading tractors

Chains over the axles have never used straps on tractors. One on each side by the tire pulling down. Don’t forget windscreen covers and turbo savers over the exhaust. Those are loaders on there but chain down the same way. Sorry dingo but we haul a lot of farm machines and I would never tie a tractor down like that.

taffytrucker:
Chains over the axles have never used straps on tractors. One on each side by the tire pulling down. Don’t forget windscreen covers and turbo savers over the exhaust. Those are loaders on there but chain down the same way. Sorry dingo but we haul a lot of farm machines and I would never tie a tractor down like that.

Over here on the 21st century side of the pond Dingo’s way of doing it is perfectly acceptable,i’ve hauled a lot of wheeled equipment the same way with no bother,sometimes with new equipment you don’t want to be damaging it with chains and dwangs

That way is considered unsafe over here nothing to do with being in the 21st century. If you don’t wanna damage the paint work on the axles then put rubber matting between the axles and the chains. Have hauled cars with straps like that when back in Europe but wouldn’t haul anything bigger. Yea it stops it rocking back n forth but that’s it. It don’t pull it down onto the bed at the same time if you think about it

When I worked for Morton`s BRS in Coventry one of our main contracts was Massey Ferguson,we only ever used "crossed ropes"over the tyres with double rope on the rear tractor.We never had any problems travelling that way,with large or small tractors.

I strap the wheels like Dingo, but also use two chains front and rear with them pulling away from each other so all sides are covered. Wheels aren’t moving, neither will tractor. Also throw a strap over the bucket to stop it bouncing.

If they’ve got exhaust that face forward cover them before it will run the turbo backwards with no oil and blow it murleys had load of new Hollands with blown turbos and couldn’t figure out why

Scottb123:
If they’ve got exhaust that face forward cover them before it will run the turbo backwards with no oil and blow it murleys had load of new Hollands with blown turbos and couldn’t figure out why

So does that mean a farmer can’t park it in a field facing the wind?

just flipped taffys pick

d4c24a:

Big Truck:
Are you loading/unloading them yourself?

Nobody has mentioned there are a THOUSAND different types of gearboxes in a tractor!!! :open_mouth:

there would be some head scratching with a Fendt vario :laughing:

Now your talking :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

nick2008:
just flipped taffys pick

Lol thanks Nick. My phone has a habit of doing that

dingo:
Remember to fold the mirrors of the tractor in … if your delivery point is overgrown.

^^^This^^^ :blush:

Big Truck:

d4c24a:

Big Truck:
Are you loading/unloading them yourself?

Nobody has mentioned there are a THOUSAND different types of gearboxes in a tractor!!! :open_mouth:

there would be some head scratching with a Fendt vario :laughing:

Now your talking :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

the best gearbox in a tractor :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Scottb123:

but doesn’t the engine effectively cap off after the turbo, so only allowing a pressure to built up but no flow?

With the New Holland & Case factories it’s policy to fit the covers. Only takes couple of seconds when fitting the screen cover. O and the same with Massey Ferguson