Load values

Any ideas on what may have been your most valuable carried ?
Think mine must have been the Rolls Royce engines for Airbus from Derby to Toulouse, approx £10 mill each I was informed.

Everyday I carry I priceless load…me,probably worth at least 500 million I’d say!

I used to drive a taxi and take other people’s kids to school.

Not again …

Never again.

Tilt trailer full of computer hard drives from IBM in Scotland at a time you’d pay £500 for a typical computer hard drive. Not as expensive as the jet engines but getting there.

Carry my Barclaycard with me - priceless

Tobacco. Loading at BAT was like Fort Knox… and a security guy followed me back to Cardiff dock to watch the container being loaded on the boat. :open_mouth:

This does come up every so often, I did move some jet engines for KC135’s US Air Force air to air refueling aircraft, a few years ago, I was told the Value was $5m so no where near the price of a new Airbus engine.

Brought a Mclaren F1 GTR back from Goodwood this year, don’t know the value, but Rowan Atkinson was rumored to have sold his for about £8m recently and this one is a rarer ex Le Mans race version.
We also took the Le Mans winning Mazda 787B to and from Goodwood, and a 767B but that didn’t go back in the same condition as it was delivered to Goodwood as the guy driving it up the hill had a major shunt, which made it fun to get back on the truck.

I used to carry tobacco quite a lot some years ago
The security was second to none you couldn’t open the cab door without informing your control
They could pinpoint your every move and even cut the engine off and apply the brakes in the event of a security problem
I think a full load was around £2 million but it’s probably more than that now as I’m talking about 12 yesterday ago

During the height of the cold war I did a flat bed, rope & sheet job of stereo equipment to Upper Heyford when the yanks were there, at the gatehouse I was informed that they were having an ‘imminent nuclear attack’ exercise some time during the morning and if the sirens went off I should cease what I was doing and either enter the nearest building or get under the truck immediately ffs ! Sure as eggs is eggs the bloody siren went off when unloading and the bods helping my son and I disappeared rapidimo, and it was ■■■■■■■ it down as well. We continued on our own only for a patrol truck to come by and order us to stop unloading. Said if I did the stuff would get ruined so stuff you and continued saying ‘This is still England an if you want to play your stupid war games go back to the states’ !! Not amused anyway, got the stuff off and back to the gate house where the big mama wouldn’t open the gates until she had given me a letter for my employer. OK will see he gets it and opened it , read it and threw it back at her and said ‘Work for mesen so all noted now open the effin gates’ (didn’t give to effs in them days :slight_smile: )
Strange but never went back there again …
No idea what the load was worth, few thousand but would have been worth a lot less if I had complied with all their instructions to the letter and let it get soaked ■■

I’ve had a lotus f1 floor pan in back of my van when I was doing same day ,did that about 4 times as they would only fit in a exlwb van
Current job would be when I pick up a full load of cable drums