load theft

just read in tonights paper that a truck parked at kates cabin had its load stolen between the hours of 9pm to 7 am.
three brand new ducati motorcycles were stolen, 2 petrol and 1 diesel :confused:
it did,nt say the driver was harmed in anyway nor did it say he/she was asleep in the cab. you would have thought someone would have seen something.
even superbikes would need a few people to carry them away whilst they are still in the crates.

I didnā€™t know Ducati made diesel bikes. Must be a new model coming out :open_mouth: :laughing:
[/quote]

Dave, if youā€™re nice and quiet you can get them out of the stillages quite easy. The other problem is then getting them out of the back of the wagonā€¦ Several people shouldnt be a problem.

One of our drivers bought a motorbike in London and asked the boss if he could bring it back on the truck. (boss always says yes, perk of driving a transporter). Stopped the night at Wentbridge A1 Northbound side and woke up in the morning to find the bike gone. Anyway, word got round and another one of our drivers northbound on the A1 saw a bike in a ditch, just west of the services and found it was his. This was halfway between the garage and the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  site which you can see. They must have got tired pushing it. Anyway, the boss sent 2 other transporters, in to help recover it and a curtainsider with a tail lift, job done.

Beware if you park here though, apparently loads of trucks have been robbed, contents and diesel.

driver couldve been in on it either

they should be insured though, iā€™m sure that after a policeman asked why i had a small mash hammer down by the back of the seat, i replied ā€œi parkup in laybys a lot, if someone tries to rip off the load or break into the cab, iā€™ll hit first and ask laterā€¦ā€, then he said that iā€™d probably get charged with assault. Now iā€™m three wise monkeys when it comes to loads, especially someone elsesā€¦