Load theft from Toddington services S/B M1

trux:
Large hole in the side you say ? :unamused:
It has been known for a 7.5 t /17t curtain sider to park alongside the intended victim , and side load the goodies across, less conspicuous than opening a rear door if in the open, or they just trans ship it by hand rear entry (oooh mrs).
Were the same wagons parked next to you when you woke up and discovered your loss ? just a thought :unamused:
I`d be wary of peep holes too :open_mouth:

Both trucks at the side of me where there with the cab curtains closed when I got there and were both there at 6am this morning. Both had, had there curtains slashed. So they must’ve backed up to my trailer blocking the exit road that goes around the back off for possibly a good 30 mins.

Cctv chances are false plates. Certainly prob hoodies and masks. Plod will never get them. Surely for high value goods an alarm with pir or similar in the back would be called for

Ours have cameras all round down both sides front and rear, fitted them due to false claims made against us for damage and accidents, if they work for that then sure they would work as an anti theft device and catch those responsible

Driver-Once-More:

atlas man:
If we all think cctv is a good idea get them fitted to the units and cabs of rigids, we have them fitted to all ours with a hard drive in cab, anything happens you just down load and can see who is responsible, a lot of system about now only down side they don’t help with spelling

If it is a dashcam, how would that help with seeing what goes on, at the side or rear of the trailer? Also, what is “systems”?

False plates, gloves won’t get a soul, if they used a van they probably unloaded it first under ya wagon then moved the van in and whipped it all in the back sharpish, if they used a rigid or artic they probably just pulled behind u and worked it in that way, who takes notice of a wagon parked a thee back of others during the night, best place to find ya gear would be gumtree or ebay, unless it’s spirits or such then I’m afraid it’s gone my sons all that stretch of the m1 is rich pickings for criminals, fits even target the fenced high security stops they all just pile in the back and drive threw the gate, the safest place to park is the discreet behind supermarket and retail parks , less people around but the gangs tend to target places with lots of Lorrys , stay safe pal and just let them have it , it’s not yours and it’s not worth a kicking, a flick of the range change or put ya lights on and off tends to move them on

When I first started out driving 14 years ago now,we were told we had to park in services because they were safe and to be honest I always felt safe in them.
You used to pay the security bloke in the little hut thing and he used to stay till about midnight.
But now not even that no CCTV no security…if it’s £20 a night and the place holds 30 trucks that’s £600 in takings so if you had a security bloke on say 7pm -5am and pay him £100 shift that’s not a lot out of the truck parks gross taking.
If I do a night out now I like to be so where with a bit of activity going on,some places are too quiet and that’s when crime happens

Boycot Toddington lads, what a bunch of useless ■■■■■. It should be a legal requirement for at least CCTV & they should have a geezer walking the yard all night someone would do that for minimum wage ffs, not much out of the ■■■■■■ £20 plus each is it, bet they’ve got ANPR to make sure you pay the ■■■■■■

Toddington is now in my book on the left hand page.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

trux:
It has been known for a 7.5 t /17t curtain sider to park alongside the intended victim , and side load the goodies across, less conspicuous than opening a rear door if in the open, or they just trans ship it by hand rear entry (oooh mrs).
Were the same wagons parked next to you when you woke up and discovered your loss ? just a thought :unamused:

Both trucks at the side of me where there with the cab curtains closed when I got there and were both there at 6am this morning. Both had, had there curtains slashed. So they must’ve backed up to my trailer blocking the exit road that goes around the back off for possibly a good 30 mins.

I will have a quid on one of the drivers parked next to you, did you/the filth check their trailers?

Never get out of the cab if you are being robbed.Stay in the cab with the doors lock.
If you go out and confront them , how do you know what weapons they have ? Knives, guns or corrosive acid thrown in your face.
That what insurance is for.Your boss or family will not thank you for getting injured or killed over goods that you do not own.
In Europe they sell Cs gas or pepper spray legally in road side shops and all truckstops.
It is illegal in the UK.
A big and nasty dog would stop lorry robbers.
Oh sorry officer,Bone crusher slipped off his lead and bit off the private parts of the robber.

weeto:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

trux:

I will have a quid on one of the drivers parked next to you, did you/the filth check their trailers?

I checked them while they was still there mate as I informed them their trailers had been slashed and if they had anything on.

didnt ferrbridge years ago have signs everywhere saying it was a hig risk of load theft area?

but still charged to park :open_mouth:

Not sure if I am right about this but I seem to remember that the law used to say that the msa’s had to provide a rest area for drivers and that if the service area could not be closed off at one or each end by a barrier of some means then they could not charge for parking.

By the same token if you are paying for parking although it may say on the sign vehicles and goods left or parked at drivers risk I am sure that the company does have a duty of care towards you as they are allowing you to use there facilities wether you pay or not.

It may be worth your employer pointing this out to them that they have failed in there duty of care as they allowed goods to be taken from your vehicle while on there property tell them to issue a claim against the msa operator and see what reaction they get I am sure you can taken them to court to claim for losses if they don’t pay then send in the high court bailiffs they will get your money for you.

Bigmiler.You are talking a load of bull manure and Betty Bollox.
Yeah right, a Msa coughing up for stolen pallets.

Our gaffer got an e-mail from the police on Wednesday regarding the theft and they can’t do anything about it as in their own words, “Due to the ANPR cameras not working we’re unable to check vehicle movements going in and coming out of the services” So fill ya boots lads as you won’t get caught if you decide to do a load theft at Toddington South services :unamused:

^^^^ or even park & don’t pay ,or do they have a checker going round ?

bigmiler:
Not sure if I am right about this but I seem to remember that the law used to say that the msa’s had to provide a rest area for drivers and that if the service area could not be closed off at one or each end by a barrier of some means then they could not charge for parking.

By the same token if you are paying for parking although it may say on the sign vehicles and goods left or parked at drivers risk I am sure that the company does have a duty of care towards you as they are allowing you to use there facilities wether you pay or not.

It may be worth your employer pointing this out to them that they have failed in there duty of care as they allowed goods to be taken from your vehicle while on there property tell them to issue a claim against the msa operator and see what reaction they get I am sure you can taken them to court to claim for losses if they don’t pay then send in the high court bailiffs they will get your money for you.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

yorkshire terrier:
If I do a night out now I like to be so where with a bit of activity going on,some places are too quiet and that’s when crime happens

how times have changed, years ago i loved to park up somewhere nice and quiet, lost count of the amount of times i,ve peeked through the curtains and seen someones arse going up and down on the back seat of a car :smiley: wouldnt dare now, i,d never sleep for fear of who was wandering about nicking stuff