Load security on curtain sided lorries

With questions being asked …the following is and interesting and Educating read.
Its by no means a " This must be done This way " but an insight for some newbies …
Oh it wouldn’t hurt for some old hands to read it either as even I will admit " It’s never to late to learn something new"

hse.gov.uk/research/rrpdf/rr662.pdf

i printed it and copied it to cd

That thing is written by idiots don’t waste your time.

It’s more like a brochure for various daft things trailer manufacturers are trying to flog.

Own Account Driver:
That thing is written by idiots don’t waste your time.

It’s more like a brochure for various daft things trailer manufacturers are trying to flog.

there are points that newbies could use…
so O A C D. your perfect and know everything about the subject … I await to read your expert manual on how to ■■
The like allows access to H&SE advice some of it is out of touch if you want but there are points that if followed will help.
Maybe your just set in your ways and will never change your attitude of its never happened to me …
Its a learning curve for anyone coming into the industry and if the new drivers coming into it have a chance of changing attitudes towards how things have changed in the industry and what was the norm can no longer be acceptable it can only be good …

Much like the seat belt law How many people have survived car crashes or other injury by wearing a seat belt ? a simple but effective way to reduce casualty’s …
Its not just the if the load falls or moves and its only light weight …

You open a curtain as someone walks past ( you know the box 3ft x 3ft has nothing but polly foam balls in and weighs almost nothing ) falls from the side … the person moves out of the way of the falling box only to trip causing injury … they don’t know what’s in the box and that it prob wouldn’t hurt them if it came into contact .

The whole point of secure and restraint of all / any part of any load is a preventative measure…
The less likely something is going to move or fall, the less likely something will happen.

People like OACD are beyond help despite usually being the reason we need the DCPC. Can’t teach them nowt, think they know everything and sadly its re-enforced because they tend to be lucky enough to get away with it. When they end up sat at the side of the road with the load bulging out of the curtain cos a pallet has gone over its never their fault, its always a dodgy pallet or the guy who loaded it.

You lads still doing the job dont know how lucky you are to have the information in this report.
If I had had this formula ( contained in said report ) when I was still on the job,it would have saved me no end of grief !! :wink:

Basic physics :grimacing: