LKW WALTER ???

LKW WALTER

Did anyone deal with this company?

What are the rates like? What is the availability of work like?

Thanks

I’ve done one job back in 2010, from France to uk good rate, they paid @ 90 days, always have uk exports at very good rates £15 and a boat! They haven’t rung since I couldn’t stop laughing at them.

Don’t do it shag although you do see new top liners pulling their trailers up from Southampton but i’d say there’s some sort of inside screw going on there.

There seems to be quite a few uk motors on traction only in the uk, no Euro driving.

I did it last year for a couple of months,at that time they were paying about £1.30 ppm.They don’t charge for trailer hire and they pay all miles empty or loaded.
The payment terms were weekly after the second week you work,so in essence you are a week in arrears.I mainly worked out of Tillbury dock,the loads were mainly heavy with the occasional light load for Ikea.There’s plenty of work with them but you won’t get rich!.
Depending on your overheads it is possible to make a living,as they do keep you busy. Ideally it’s better if you live close to one of the main ports or you could end up pulling the trailer in the wrong direction on Friday for a Monday morning tip.As they expect you to pick up a loaded trailer on Friday for tipping Monday.
I did a lot of work around the South coast and Dorset area.And reloaded out of Plymouth.
Hope this helps

We subbed off them many moons ago, but margins were v tight. That was on European work. Never still for long tho. Decent work not matched by the rates. Good payer regarding being on time.

Ny ex boss pulled for them.Did Austria and Germany with some Spain chucked in too.
Heavy loads.Plenty of time allowed to get the job done.Did cereal factory in Northern France to Melksham.Good number that was.English speaking traffic planners.Mostly polite young ladies.And some Italian work.Mann filters.

I was contacted by LKW last month about traction work ex Duisburg in Germany … Over to uk the wanted 6x2 uk units payin 1.30ppm average 10k to 12kkm a month … So unless you got an Taliban in the seat payin peanuts … I don’t think it’s worth it tbh …

Jody

the only time walter pays well is when you are not pulling their trailer and you are in a place that doesn’t have many trucks available. I used to haul peat from estonia down to croatia and then backload a walters load, housings for electric motors from cakovec to vaasa in finland. that paid decent as the price was negotiable, not many trucks empty in croatia at that time (pre-EU) ready to go far north. other than that, all I’ve heard is crap about them. ex gaffer had two trucks on them for six months, never again.

£1.30 per mile, this time next year Rodders…