LKV WALTER

LKV WALTER 1,40e/km good or bad continental rate?

Do you get a guarantee km per week? Who pays the ferries? Things to be considered before commenting whether the rate is good/ poor/ ballpark.

Think there was a thread about this on here before and general conclusion was not good, a mate of mine put a lorry in with them think he managed 6 weeks the final straw being told at Christmas that there was no load for him from Belgium to home so he could run on the bounce from Belgium to Derry and they would reload him from Ireland in the new year, all BG and RO doing it at the mo you would struggle to compete with them

the maoster:
Do you get a guarantee km per week? Who pays the ferries? Things to be considered before commenting whether the rate is good/ poor/ ballpark.

LKV PAYS for ferries plus free trailer

In that case over £2 per mile (if my maths ain’t too far out) for traction only sounds pretty good to me. Suspiciously good IMO, I’d do some digging around before committing first if I were you mate.

I know lots and lots of people who have subbed for lkw walter. not one of them have anything good to say about them. terrible rates combined with catastrophic mileage. here in scandinavia you’ll mostly find a walter trailer being pulled by a bg-registered deathtrap driven by a macedonian with a fake licence. no-one else will touch them.

the maoster:
In that case over £2 per mile (if my maths ain’t too far out) for traction only sounds pretty good to me. Suspiciously good IMO, I’d do some digging around before committing first if I were you mate.

I make it about £1.61 per mile.

Make that about a £ a mile. Yesterday was 1.39 euro to the pound.

reccymech:
Make that about a £ a mile. Yesterday was 1.39 euro to the pound.

It’s €1.40 a km so about a £1 a km.

Every truck you see pulling for them in Europe is old and falling to bits even by eastern European standards the trucks are poor a lot of re registered ex UK trucks

LOL, sorry Muckles, got my metric mixed up, beer goggles on. per km.

Another word of warning … if you not report any damage at the point of collection, then any damage that is noted on return that wasn’t marked at collection is down to you!!!
Example: I collected a trailer from their depot opposite Essen Transport in Gent. I delivered in Leicester. As it was mega rolls of tissue and there were only 7 of them, I only used to open one side. From there, I had to go to British Sugar (which is another ■■■■■■ story) and load sugar for Italy. This time it was a full strip out. They had loaded 20 pallets and as I went to move the rear roof support forward, the bloody thing fell out. The running rail was damaged and of course, it was on the side I hadn’t opened at Leicester. British Sugar, bless their filthy cotton socks refused to put the last 6 pallets on and took the rest off!!
Now, you are supposed to thoroughly check the trailer when collecting … but unless you stripped the whole thing out on collection before moving, there was no way you was ever going to discover that damage. My boss had a torrid time with LKW because they wanted to bill us for the damage. In fact, I think that was the last load we did for them.

I contacted them at the start if the year, when off sick, and was pricing up whether they were worth doing traction for. I was quoted €0.92/km!

scaniason:
I contacted them at the start if the year, when off sick, and was pricing up whether they were worth doing traction for. I was quoted €0.92/km!

With or without a Mars Bar?
(RobK ism :laughing: )

was the 0.92 for loaded or all driven kilometres? they used to offer 0.75 loaded and 0.5 empty (the first 100km for free though). no compensation for toll roads either.

speaking of walter, do these german plates seem legit on this chained daf?

seen more than a few of them, thought you’d have to have those small stamp-type things on there as well

milodon:

seen more than a few of them, thought you’d have to have those small stamp-type things on there as well

False plates.

The 2 “small stamp-type things” that are missing are the registration stamp for the area, in this case Nürnberg, and the TÜV (Mot) stamp to denote the next TÜV vehicle inspection.

Check out this shiny video: lkw-walter.co.uk/en/about-us/video-clip. What’s not to like, mugs?

Inselaffe:

milodon:

False plates.

The 2 “small stamp-type things” that are missing are the registration stamp for the area, in this case Nürnberg, and the TÜV (Mot) stamp to denote the next TÜV vehicle inspection.

Check out this shiny video: lkw-walter.co.uk/en/about-us/video-clip. What’s not to like, mugs?

Looks legit :open_mouth: :laughing:

Don’t German plates have a black eagle stamped on them?

TheBear:
Don’t German plates have a black eagle stamped on them?

In low budget war films quite possibly :laughing: :laughing:

Re above. I still find it amazing that even with todays nanny state, paperwork, driving licenses, plateing, number plates etc are being manipulated/forged. Im guessing its the same in blightly but its pretty much every day some slave gets caught running illegal in austria. Its no surprise 99% are from ee origins.