LK Waters transport

Anybody any experieance working for these guys. Speed of payment, rates etc. Any info would be great. Thanks

OK for a backload if you have well paying work going in the other direction, not really viable to dedicate a truck to them.

As Harry said,ok for a backload. I did 3 months with them full time,pulling trailers from Liverpool and Heysham to Germany and Austria mostly,not bad work and plenty of it,no problem getting paid but it was 82 cent per km then (2010) and you pay your own tolls,diesel was 1-1.10cent per litre then in Belgium and it still didn’t pay so unless the rate has gone up massively :unamused:

As I have said before they are no worse than any other firm. I have been with them for 5 years and never had any problem getting paid. They always try to get me home at weekends, I get around £1.40 a mile ( I say around as I never actually get true mileage, but this is the same with many companies.) There are many subbies out there running for less. True I have to pay tolls but this week Im paying 98p per ltr for fuel so balances out. If you want anymore info pm me and i’ll see if I can help.

Graham

export rates crap
import rates ok ish but if to many trucks about they take the ■■■■ on rates

only good thing your money safe and use to pay in 5 or 7 days

scannia144:
Anybody any experieance working for these guys. Speed of payment, rates etc. Any info would be great. Thanks

Hi scania144,

If you mean LKW Walter, then they’ve been around for longer than I can remember.

Casting my mind back… I first carried a load for them around 1984/5 and every boss I worked for that did LKW Walter’s work all said the same… sometimes they pay poor rates, but they ALWAYS paid very promptly.

IIRC, they have offices at Wiener Neudorf (Vienna) and Kufstein.

I did 3 months with them on uk work at the begining of the year. Plenty of work no trailer hire charge they pay after 21 days.
It was only a stop gap for me but if you haven’t got to many overheads you can make a living on with them.I f I was to go back with them I would be inclined to go for the day rate system rather the ppm. You’ll earn more and use less diesel

Did as an employed driver,the boss was told where to load and reload,Italy,Germany and France,one was a breakfast cereal loads out of northern France to Melksham.
Truck filters from Germany to Italy.

It is certainly worthwhile being on their books, they have work from everywhere to anywhere. Ideal if you have some of your own work to compliment it. I always found same country roundtrip work was profitable, it was the tip Kufstein load Italy for Scotland that ■■■■■■ me off :stuck_out_tongue:

Although even that became a decent job as I could load back from Scotland for Panalpina to Hull.

It was all a long time ago though, before the invasion!