Livingston

Unfamiliar territory, best route advice please coming up tonight from Stockport. 26 T rigid.

Would also welcome advice on parking pls, some sort of facilities for food be nice. Don’t do paid parking as it’s not valuable and I don’t pay to park the gaffers merc :unamused:

Cheers all.

Put in “Carnegie Rd Livingston” in Sat-Nav as postcode no use of heading to Tesco DC??
Free parking in Harthill Services M8 or plenty of room about Bellshill Industrial Estate close to MAN.

M60/M61/M6/M74 off J5/A726/M8 best route.

Big Truck:
Put in “Carnegie Rd Livingston” in Sat-Nav as postcode no use of heading to Tesco DC??
Free parking in Harthill Services M8 or plenty of room about Bellshill Industrial Estate close to MAN.

M60/M61/M6/M74 off J5/A726/M8 best route.

No shopping centre in the town, Almondvale? Harthill you reckon I can get in 8-10 pm?

Alfa1M:
le? Harthill you reckon I can get in 8-10 pm?

Harthill should be ok, esp with a rigid, but I wouldnt recommend it with a curtainsider.
Too easy for our knife carrying citizens to have a peek at what youre carrying.

Avoid the A1…

There are night closures at Alnwick and Berwick at the moment, and they’re diverting you off onto windy country roads at the Alnwick one, and through Berwick town centre for that one… :unamused:

M74 to J5 then A725 north for 3 miles then M8 east to Livingston following signs for Edinburgh throughout.

I do nights out in Livi a lot and tend to park on Nairn Road, behind Royston Road on the Deans Ind Est (EA54 8AY) which is a couple of minutes from Tesco RDC. No facilities but it’s very quiet and there’s a decent selection of delivery options to there using Just Eat for food.

Can nip into Route 74 Truckstop, Lesmahagow on the way back in the morning for a shower.

I’d say M6, M74, M8 for simplicity, I find the A1 a longer route, add in the speed cameras north of Berwick and it’s a PITA and from Stockport would be way off course.

Thanks all, reason I asked for route is because sat Nav and Google both had me going off at Abingdon Services (a73?) now I’ve done the road parallel through Biggar that runs to Edinburgh but not the former. Guessing it’s not recommended by the experienced ones amongst you?

big truck,telt or pierre as above .end of.

Alfa1M:
Thanks all, reason I asked for route is because sat Nav and Google both had me going off at Abingdon Services (a73?)

That’s the tourist route, stick to the motorway all the way.

Where I tend to trip myself up is when coming off the M74 at J5 for the A725 stick to the RH lane till you get past the 2nd set of lights as this will put you in the left lane to go under the bridge to join the A725 bellshill bypass

Bellshill industrial estate then walk to the Chinese 5 minutes away

peirre:
I’d say M6, M74, M8 for simplicity, I find the A1 a longer route, add in the speed cameras north of Berwick and it’s a PITA and from Stockport would be way off course.

They’re not really… :wink: :smiling_imp: