Living in your truck?

How many of you live in your truck ?

I dont just mean while your away tramping for the week, I mean your truck is your home…!!

I know there are people out there that do it but how do you get around the basic day to day needs ■■ Where do you get your post sent too and things like that ?

the ones I have come across use the company as their address for mail, driving licence etc, we have had a few in our company over the years.

if you smart it works and works very well thats all i shall say :laughing:

steve the argonaut:
How many of you live in your truck ?

I dont just mean while your away tramping for the week, I mean your truck is your home…!!

I know there are people out there that do it but how do you get around the basic day to day needs ■■ Where do you get your post sent too and things like that ?

Don’t think you need to worry about that one to be honest :laughing:

They can rent a Post Office box,but as hammer say’s,don’t need to worry about it,especially at the moment. :laughing: :laughing:

most of the touring guys do it for months at a time, some go away for 9 months then take a couple of months off then go back for 9

I do. Best thing I ever did was give up living in a house and move into truck 3 years ago. I love it. Those touring guys are lightweights! I get 4 weeks holiday a year and that’s the only time I’m not in my lovely truck!

Dave the Renegade:
They can rent a Post Office box,but as hammer say’s,don’t need to worry about it,especially at the moment. :laughing: :laughing:

Just a FYI - you can’t rent a PO Box without a permanent address, which you have to prove by sending something like an up to date utility bill addressed to you at the street address, along with the application form.

I know because I’m looking into it myself. More disconcerting, since the whole point is privacy, I’ve read that people have a right to ask for the address ‘behind’ the PO Box number. I’m checking into that more thoroughly, since if that can be done easily (ie without a court order or by the police etc) there’s not much benefit to spending the dosh on a PO Box number.

Cheers…M

…and I’m not sure that:

Mr T Rucker
Not Dunroamin-by-Anymeans
The Big Truck With Lots of Lights
Village Green
Lorryville LG0 HGV

…would be accepted as a permanent address.

I don’t believe official documents, Inland revenue, electoral roll etc. can be delivered to a PO Box, there is mention of vehicle documents being made out to “no fixed abode” for instance how do ■■■■■■ get a driving licence?

I wonder about holding bank accounts too, the money launderers will have a field day :wink:

I did live in a lorry for a year when I returned from abroad, but always had an address for these things at my brother’s house.

Wheel Nut:
I don’t believe official documents, Inland revenue, electoral roll etc. can be delivered to a PO Box…

I don’t know but likely not. Also, a PO box won’t accept items delivered by couriers or any other postal carrier other than the PO.

Cheers…M

Living in your lorry ?
What a horrible thought :open_mouth: Even prisoners have more room FFS

Won’t it be easier getting any mail sent to a relatives house that you trust with a “care of” on the envelope. Job done. :wink:

Let me just clarify I do not live in my truck, nor do I intend too :exclamation:

I was just wondering about those people that do, how do they get on :question:

i’ve done it before for over 12 months never had a problem as someone else said got post delievered to friends house and always had everything i wanted in the truck. shacked up with a new girl now so dont need to live in the truck, but i would go back tomorrow if needed to :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I knew a driver back in the late 80s who owned a Seddon Atki and lived in that, bar one weekend a fortnight when he booked into a cheap hotel for one night to have a touch of comfort and a good scrub down.
His plan was to live like that for 10 years and then he reckoned to buy a house and never work again with all the money he saved.
Wonder if he made it?

leslie g heath:
I knew a driver back in the late 80s who owned a Seddon Atki and lived in that, bar one weekend a fortnight when he booked into a cheap hotel for one night to have a touch of comfort and a good scrub down.
His plan was to live like that for 10 years and then he reckoned to buy a house and never work again with all the money he saved.
Wonder if he made it?

If he had a SA that didn’t rust out/start leaking etc. after 5yrs he would have been lucky!

Wheel Nut:
I don’t believe official documents, Inland revenue, electoral roll etc. can be delivered to a PO Box, there is mention of vehicle documents being made out to “no fixed abode” for instance how do ■■■■■■ get a driving licence?

■■■■■■, driving licence, whatever next :wink:

I had been for the last couple of years until the other month when my mate split with his missus and gave me a room at his house for when I’m home. Our yard has a shower and microwave, and I used my parents for post and a friends for washing clothes. I was happy to do so as renting is a waste of time for me and I’m planning on moving out this dump of a country as soon as I can afford it

keano1:
Living in your lorry ?
What a horrible thought :open_mouth: Even prisoners have more room FFS

horses for courses keano