Living in hotels / campervans

just a thought of how many of yous live in hotels or campervans if you get back to the yard and your truck needs to go back out or you have a long way to travel to work and back.

There was a f ew campervans in our staff carpark but havent seen them for a while the chaps that travel a long way slept in them all week and went home went it was their two days off.

Dan

If I am on a 9 hour rest (and I know it day before hand due to runs) I will bring my bus to work and park in car park.

Saves the 1:30 of drive to and fro work so extra sleep is had (also more refreshed this way and safer as well)

When redundancy reared its head a few years ago and drivers in Bradford were told lot of work going to Nuneaton, three or four of them looked into sharing a rented a house in the area but nothing came of it.

There are a few Polish lads that live in campervans on Crick industrial estate that work for NFT.

We’ve got 4 driver’s at our place who live in caravan’s during the week then go home at the weekend…One from Camborne,One from Bath,One from Chippenham and One from Ollerton…the lad from Cornwall only goes home once a month due to the distance :open_mouth:

there is a few in campers and caravans at work as well a few live there all the time (2 polish family been there for a few weeks now both parents work diffrent shifts,water is avalable for them but no leccy) A few of the drivers stay in caampers during the week as well but go home weekends…I thought about it as well of staying in our caravan weekdays(I work 4 nights a week)and come home friday morning…

the marina where i keep my boat has a driver that has no house and stays there on weekends off etc