Livin in costa blanca lookin for driving jobs anybody know?

Been here for 6 months now tryin to find a job is very hard over here, surely there is work somewhere over here, does anybody know of either english transport that comes over to spain (south) and back to the uk, or spanish firm that goes to the uk or just trampin over here, Im desperate now, as catchin a plane to the uk is what I’m doin at the mo and I’ve heard work is drying up over there. Or worst case scenario is ther any trampin work in the uk for about 2 or 3 weeks at a time, that I can take. Please oh fellow truckers, give me some info, cus I know its out there, Its just about being in the right place at the right time. Paul

i,m in the same boat mate, living between mazzaron and totana and its the same here, i do the 2/3 weeks in the uk bit some weeks good for work some bad,prob have to wait till sept for spanish firms now,dunno wot its like where you are but they only take on really rnd sept for the fruit season here.been rnd spanish firms but all saying “nada completo” full up!! at least you know when your coming home doing this though

sunboy:
i,m in the same boat mate, living between mazzaron and totana and its the same here, i do the 2/3 weeks in the uk bit some weeks good for work some bad,prob have to wait till sept for spanish firms now,dunno wot its like where you are but they only take on really rnd sept for the fruit season here.been rnd spanish firms but all saying “nada completo” full up!! at least you know when your coming home doing this though

Yeah I know gone quiet everywhere, Ive landed a job in uk which goes to gib and reloads any where in spain even they gone dead quiet, you never know whats around the corner nowadays!

The Spanish are laying off drivers like mad at the moment as the economy here is the same as in the UK sh**

The unemployment level is at the 3.5 million mark, in Spain. So I’d say the situation as it stands at the mo, might, be worse than the UK, there are certainly plenty of expats heading home due to the weak pound, admitedly alot of these will be OAP’s at the moment. I’ve been trying for a job down here for a year, but I’m not and have not wasted any petrol going around the companies for sometime now. Instead I’m trying more industrial countries for work and am hopefull that somat will turn up soon. I’m not bothered about commuting to and from, also the flights from Alicante to various parts north are numerous.

To trucker trev.Was that Insight Transport Logistics Ltd from Inkberrow,with Renault Magnums,that do Gibraltar,Colmendy building supplies down,back with empty beer kegs from Malaga.Owner is Steve Walker and Gilbert the manger.Used to be in Alcester.

peter mill:
To trucker trev.Was that Insight Transport Logistics Ltd from Inkberrow,with Renault Magnums,that do Gibraltar,Colmendy building supplies down,back with empty beer kegs from Malaga.Owner is Steve Walker and Gilbert the manger.Used to be in Alcester.

not sure about the empty beer kegs from malaga■■?
if you mean loading from cervinter with cider or beer kegs for the uk then dave whitley does all that work done it for years, i used to work for cervinter on the drays until i woke up and smelt the coffee :laughing: :laughing: