Liverpool warehousing

Hi,
Seen pics of old Fodens in Liverpool warehousing colours, but can anyone tell me what colour they where as all pics are black and white!
Want to do a scale model build
Thanks

richellis78:
Hi,
Seen pics of old Fodens in Liverpool warehousing colours, but can anyone tell me what colour they where as all pics are black and white!
Want to do a scale model build
Thanks

Hi

Surprised to hear they had there own vehicles!! They were a TDG company. - and very profitable but vehicles!!■■
TDG owned a couple of other transport companies in Liverpool

Manchester Warehouseing on Trafford Park did - Scanias but Harris Road Services took the fleet over

Cheers
Kenb X TDG subsidiary MD

They were an orange colour, mainly Fodens…Tony.

The last ones LWC had were flat-top, caster-steer 6x2 F12s, which were Volvo’s initial response to the maximum weight limit going up to 38 tonnes.

They were painted white, with black chassis, and the majority were lettered up with ACL.

IIRC, They had a depot at Westhoughton, It was the old MBC Ltd factory, I used to load Iron Brew from there in the 90s Great set of lads, In & out with no hanging about, The good old days, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
IIRC, They had a depot at Westhoughton, It was the old MBC Ltd factory, I used to load Iron Brew from there in the 90s Great set of lads, In & out with no hanging about, The good old days, Regards Larry.

IIRC They were called Pinnicale Storage at this time ?, Regards Larry.

transportphotos.com/road/photos

HuD0859 (1).jpg

Glad that Mr Dunbar remembered the name ‘Pinnacle Storage’.
This is the only TDG vehicle I ever saw carrying the name:

Thanks, this is what I want to build, so any info on the colours would be perfect, also anyone a pic of the F12’s?

The first Liverpool warehousing motors I remember were DGFoden 8wheel flats the colour of the cab’s were a dull orange and I think the chassis were black.

I quite often used to load out of their warehouse at the entrance to Trafford Park with Lead Ingots for The Lead works at Elswick in Newcastle, I used to tare off at the BRS W/Bridge nearby, They were a decent sort of lads in charge, When I was loaded I used to go for a meal in Jims Café opposite their warehouse, Good grub I may add,This was the 60/70s Era, Regards Larry.

Do you mean this one Larry. :slight_smile:
I can still remember the smell of the lard factory whenever I drove past there on a hot day.

Regards Steve.

mushroomman:
Do you mean this one Larry. :slight_smile:
I can still remember the smell of the lard factory whenever I drove past there on a hot day.

Regards Steve.

Yes that’s the one Steve, IIRC The lard factory would have been Kilverts, And further along there was The Southern Oil Co, Regards Larry.