Liverpool Beatles and Cavern Club

Harry Monk:

robroy:
Oh [zb]!
Somebody turn em for me,.I ain’t got the technology. :blush: :smiley:

Not only can I turn photos, I can even get the writing on the posters the right way round. :wink:

You are definitely punching above your weight there Rob , lovely lady .

Did you not go on a tour of Anfield

Has anyone explored Giles Martin’s remixes of the albums? I think Revolve is my fave so far but I’m salivating for the Rubber Soul boxset which is supposedly due 2023 sometime. Could be my fave Beatles album - for In my life and You won’t see me.

rigsby:

Harry Monk:

robroy:
Oh [zb]!

Not only can I turn photos, I can even get the writing on the posters the right way round. :wink:

You are definitely punching above your weight there Rob , lovely lady .

Photoshop…
Rob has obviously superimposed a picture of a lovely lady over the Moaster…

Harry Monk:

robroy:
Oh [zb]!

Gawd quick someone turn them back.

Mind the blond’s a bit of alright :sunglasses: :wink: :open_mouth: :slight_smile:

There’s a documentary about the Cavern Club on Sky Arts, right now,.(or on watch again/catch up if you miss it)

If you’re interested watch it…
If you ain’t… don’t . :smiley:

Watched the documentary, pure history brilliant.
Was always wondering why Brian epstein never snapped the cavan club up when it first closed down, it was right up his street, band manager, record store, probably had his hands full with the Beatles
Did you see the amount of people on the outside trying to get in, still a goldmine

Bigtruck3:
Watched the documentary, pure history brilliant.
Was always wondering why Brian epstein never snapped the cavan club up when it first closed down, it was right up his street, band manager, record store, probably had his hands full with the Beatles
Did you see the amount of people on the outside trying to get in, still a goldmine

Yep,.I often wondered why Epstein or The Beatles themselves did not bale it out in 68 when it was on it’s arse,.with all the surplus money they had floating around at that time…If it had not been for The Cavern,.they would maybe not have made it as quick.
Even today it is busy every afternoon as I was told by one of the bar staff, it was when he and the Mrs were in .

Bigtruck3:

My youngest son and his wife went over and got photo’s of every blade of grass there. They were talking to someone high up in the club, along with another couple who said they’d came all the way from brum, then he asked where my boy had come from. He said Australia and they ended up in the top box to watch a game. I don’t know what happened to the others. :smiley:

BTW, Rubber Souls’s my favourite album.

peterm:

Bigtruck3:

My youngest son and his wife went over and got photo’s of every blade of grass there. They were talking to someone high up in the club, along with another couple who said they’d came all the way from brum, then he asked where my boy had come from. He said Australia and they ended up in the top box to watch a game. I don’t know what happened to the others. :smiley:

I purposely ignored BT’s question. :smiley:
Anyhoo.I was washing my hair that day so couldn’t make it.,.well put it this way the other more favourable choice was sticking pins in my eyeballs. :laughing:

My favourite album…Sgt Pepper.
Favourite single…Come Together, then Day in the life, got to mention Get Back also…but there are so many.

robroy:

peterm:

Bigtruck3:

I purposely ignored BT’s question. :smiley:
Anyhoo.I was washing my hair that day so couldn’t make it.,.well put it this way the other more favourable choice was sticking pins in my eyeballs. :laughing:

My favourite album…Sgt Pepper.
Favourite single…Come Together, then Day in the life, got to mention Get Back also…but there are so many.

Yeah, I must admit it’s a right close thing between Rubber Soul and all the others.

I was listening to Midge Ure on the radio talking about the 38th anniversary of Live Aid…38 years ffs ! :open_mouth:

He was asked who he would have liked to have been there that wasnt.
His obvious answer was John Lennon, as it would have been right up his street.

I have often thought myself that if John had still been alive then,.Live Aid would have been the catalyst for a Beatles reunion.
It had been 15 years since all the fall outs between them over Apple, Klein, and the like.
John even said l9ng after the break up, that it would have been a mistake after all to employ Klien.
Paul and John had been seeing each other again a year or so before he was killed,.and had settled their differences.
(Did anybody else notice on the Get Back film,.when John said ‘We have a meeting with Alan Kline next week’’ and Paul just ignored him :smiley: )

Just think of the new music we could have had from Lennon,.even more new Lennon McCartney stuff. :cry:

All lost for some fat lunatic piece of sh,.that should have been executed imo, but is still alive today…Mark Chapman. :imp:

Speaking of Beatles re.unions. :smiley:
youtu.be/LdLUBNKV4Zk

Don’t think lennon would have done live aid, there’s a article online with him saying he would never do benefit concerts again he hated them

He was just getting back into his music after spending 5 years in bed (joke) no he was a house husband spending time with his kid

He hated touring in the past but was enjoying so much being back making music that he talked about doing everything even writing with mccarthy again

It’s amazing the difference a decision can make, on leaving the studio the other half asked him should we go for dinner he said no he wanted to go home and see his son before he went to bed
He never got inside the door

Everybody including myself says queen was the best at live aid, I also thought Bowie was brilliant even down to the suit, Bob Dylan was a joke couldn’t stop laughing at him, you couldn’t understand a word he was singing
Mccarthy was let down with the sound

I also remember trying to tape record it, vhs was only recently out and you needed a degree to operate it, and the cost to buy a vhs was dearer than a tv

robroy:
youtu.be/LdLUBNKV4Zk

youtu.be/45cYwDMibGo

never been a fan more stones for me… BUT the above is a classic more so when i do it on karaoke… :laughing:

m.a.n rules:

robroy:
youtu.be/LdLUBNKV4Zk

youtu.be/45cYwDMibGo

never been a fan more stones for me… BUT the above is a classic more so when i do it on karaoke… :laughing:

Ok here’s a few tips to be more accurate on your karaoke. :sunglasses:
(I love this guy btw :laughing: )

youtu.be/6ANgFQ5ahcU

youtu.be/_y5n1iuH2H4

youtu.be/5YgU9JVcwzY

youtu.be/DzkptT7ppMI

This is a good watch if you’re a fan…especially the impromptu concert at the end.
A lot of these places we went to on the Beatles tour.
youtu.be/QjvzCTqkBDQ

robroy:

m.a.n rules:

robroy:
youtu.be/LdLUBNKV4Zk

youtu.be/45cYwDMibGo

Ok here’s a few tips to be more accurate on your karaoke. :sunglasses:
(I love this guy btw :laughing: )

youtu.be/6ANgFQ5ahcU

youtu.be/_y5n1iuH2H4

ye a talented bloke, but not being a fan not my cup of cha but thanks for posting…

as for improving my karaoke nah :exclamation: … only 8 pints does that… :smiley:

youtu.be/5YgU9JVcwzY

youtu.be/DzkptT7ppMI

The best thing to come out of that hole is the M62.

eagerbeaver:
The best thing to come out of that hole is the M62.

Said the closet Scouser. :smiley:
Met him last week at Poplars, told him ‘‘I ain’t being seen with you in that ■■■■ shell suit’’ so I loaned him my coat. :smiley:

Anyhoo…found this. :open_mouth:
Can’t believe I’ve never seen it before being an avid Lennon fan.
The track is on the ‘‘John Lennon Rock & Roll’’ album which I have somewhere.
Just thought I’d share it.
Classic John. :sunglasses: …enjoy.
youtu.be/72D3dPnjtcI