Live from Space

Anybody else watching this programme and finding it fascinating?

Yep, watched it last night and will be soon.

Awesome! What would you give to be up in the Space Station?

SCANIAKEV:
Awesome! What would you give to be up in the Space Station?

toby has delivered there. :laughing:

It would be amazing wouldn’t it, how long do they stay up there for before they come back

I was lucky enough to visit the Kennedy space centre a few years ago, i witnessed the last sections of that space station being assembled before going up in the last two shuttle missions before De-commisioning.

roadrunner:
I was lucky enough to visit the Kennedy space centre a few years ago, i witnessed the last sections of that space station being assembled before going up in the last two shuttle missions before De-commisioning.

That’s something id love to do, I didn’t realise the shear size of the space station and how many different countries contributed to the construction of it, even though they fly round the earth constantly I don’t think you could ever get bored of the veiws they see, the storms they showed before looked amazing

Nah! Theyre assembling Contraflows vaper. :laughing:

if your interested
nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/ustream/

its Fantastic there you really need 2 days to do it justice
This was a shuttle on the pad ready to go. It was due to go the day we went but was held off 2 days before and went up the day after we got back to blighty :frowning:

16 sunrises/sets in 24hrs. :open_mouth:

Hard to look at it and think of it as “a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam”, as the late Carl Sagan so eloquently put it.

The cosmos is just too vast and unfathomable for us puny microbes to ever truly comprehend.

It’s fascinating and even Top Gear took second place.

Me, no.

Mrs Socketset - welded to it - finding it fascinating :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

bald bloke:

agreed, … tg is being repeated at 7pm tonight

What a great place for MP’s to spend their hols - I’d even chip in again to pay for the fares. Waste of bloody money :wink:

I even sacrificed TG too. That would never happen noprmally. :open_mouth:

Great program, to think in a few years we could be doing night trunking to Mars in space ships

Schofield:
Great program, to think in a few years we could be doing night trunking to Mars in space ships

god no :open_mouth: its bad enough on the roads let alone in space :wink: :wink: and VOSA will think they’re almost GOD’s :unamused:

Driver-Once-More:

bald bloke:

agreed, … tg is being repeated at 7pm tonight

Got to say i’m a big fan of Top Gear but wasn’t impressed with part one in Burma

The closest these two planets have ever been recorded was in 2003, when they were a little under 35 million miles apart.
The furthest they can be orbitally is 250 million miles apart, although this would be measured directly through the sun, so that`s academic.
Average distance around 140 million miles.

The fastest spacecraft launched departed at 36,00 mph.
At that speed, it would take 39 days to get there at its closest, 289 days at its furthest ( assuming you could pierce through the sun!), and 162 days on an average.

Better pack plenty of undercrackers and a good book cos that`s one long shift!

To quote the late Douglas Adams, “space is big, really big”. :slight_smile: