Little mishaps today

i had just dropped of a delivery in newcastle and wanted to pull in on the side of the road to look at my map to where i was going next… it was a busy residential area and found a clear place to pull in, in front of some houses, so i goes to pull over and start hear this cracking noise, i looked up and it wa a bloody tree hanging out from some ones garden (quite a big tree) it had just caiught on the top of the trailer, so i reversed back and kinna broke alot of branchss of it. and there was one big branch that i cracked, altoigh it didnt fall of, it wa a bus y area so i drove o up and parked safely and walked back to chaeck the tree, it wasnt that bad really, but it wa coming from someones garden… so i walked back to my cab and headed for the next drop, i astarted to feel bad about what i done so i decided to head back and appologise to the house owner but when i got there there was noone in… iv been kinna worried about it, but i suppose it isa only a tree and there was no real damage apart from a few branches, and the trailer and unit was not damaged…
do you guys think it is worth worrying over, at the end of the day i spose it is only a tree and noone was injured, what yousdee al tink…

Tree should not have been obstructing the highway, it’sthe treeowners responsibility and if there was damaged caused to your truck you can claim off the tree owner. (There should be a minimum of 16’ 6" clearance)

I have trees overhanging a road and the council remind me at regular intervals that I have to maintain that clearance!

Martin:
Tree should not have been obstructing the highway, it’sthe treeowners responsibility and if there was damaged caused to your truck you can claim off the tree owner. (There should be a minimum of 16’ 6" clearance)

I have trees overhanging a road and the council remind me at regular intervals that I have to maintain that clearance!

this i believe is a fact. i regularly have problems with trees i only drive a rigid but the crane is forever getting snagged up on branches down some of the godawfull lanes i have to go down, thankfully i’ve never damaged the hiab(plenty of trees) but one of my mates did once and managed to claim of the council. not sure whether it was a cash settlement or insurance claim tho.

Don’t talk to me about tree’s , i had to take one with me after knocking it!!!

Bloody trees are a niusance. I had one chase me round a car park for 20 minutes before i eventually hit it… :open_mouth:

Martin:

Dead right, sometimes backload home with straw, pulled a load back late one friday, then on monday went to weigh at a local public weighbridge on a farm down a lane, same thing, went passed a house with a big garden, heard an almighty crack and saw the mother of all tree boughs slide off the side of the load, got weighed and asked the bridge operator if there was another way out, sorry mate, you’ll have to go back the way you came in :confused:
Anyway got back to the house with the garden and sure enough the wife of the house was in the road trying to pull this zebbidy great branch to one side, so I did the decent thing and asked if I could help :stuck_out_tongue: . anyway before I lifted a finger she cottoned on to the fact that it was me who had knocked the branch down earlier and laid into me with the usual anti big truck dioreha, and how she was going to sue for damages, suddenly her husband appeared and explained to her that the tree was in their garden, and the council had asked them to cut it back, and as I had done it for nothing suggested we call it quits :smiley: :sunglasses:

Dont mention that word tree! Dont know how many times ive nearly taken someones head off with one - I drive open top tour buses! Especialy those tree’s in Kelvin Way (Glasgow), one of these days its going to be an upstairs window or a head thats going to get it

Danny

danielwilkie:
Dont mention that word tree! Dont know how many times ive nearly taken someones head off with one - I drive open top tour buses! Especialy those tree’s in Kelvin Way (Glasgow), one of these days its going to be an upstairs window or a head thats going to get it

Danny

:open_mouth: Bloody hell! Kelvin Way - I used to live in a street off there and am all too familiar with the trees in the area as my car used to get covered in sap residue from them. :angry:

Slammed a branch of a Cherry tree into my back doorrs when I closed them in surburbia. Got to a layby on the A12 went round the back & half a cherry tree was hanging from the top of the door. :laughing:

I love them trees! NOT …

I collect and deliver cars & caravans back from Europe to home destinations on a multi deck car transporter.

Many a time I have been found at the roadside trying to polish out scratches on car roofs before delivering vehicle to customers…

Sussex is definately tree country for me!