Little help with hours needed

Hi guys, so I finally started my journey as Van Driver and really need to get some money in at the moment.

I am working full time at the moment but before started i did few shifts in a logistic company through the agency that I enjoyed a lot. Single drop, 5, 6 hours duty, 4 hours driving Max included. Paid minimum for 8 hours.

Unfortunately I had to decline because of the full time job but because I am double manning at my full time job I am thinking I could fit thise shifts with the agency here and there( maybe 1 or 2 weekly)

A I am being delusional? I don’t understand well the double manning hours so any help would be appreciated.

Full time job:
06:00 start
15:00 / 14:30 finish
No more than 4:30 myself driving

Tuesday to Saturday

Double manning only affects the maximum shift length you can work being a 21 hour shift. But you have to have a second driver from the start of your shift or an hour into your journey to class as being double manned otherwise even if you have two drivers but one is collected a few hours after the first driver set off then you are not double manned and subject to normal hours rules.
Double manning won’t affect whether you can work for two companies what hours and days you work and keeping a track of your times etc will be what’s important as to whether you can work an extra shift. Someone who can work it out will be along to help I have enough trouble sorting out my hours let alone worrying about trying to work yours out.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Is the current full time van job in a vehicle max 3.5 tonnes ?

ROG:

It is proper class 2. Just put van driver as joke.
[THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my LG-K500n using Tapatalk

simcor:
Double manning only affects the maximum shift length you can work being a 21 hour shift. But you have to have a second driver from the start of your shift or an hour into your journey to class as being double manned otherwise even if you have two drivers but one is collected a few hours after the first driver set off then you are not double manned and subject to normal hours rules.
Double manning won’t affect whether you can work for two companies what hours and days you work and keeping a track of your times etc will be what’s important as to whether you can work an extra shift. Someone who can work it out will be along to help I have enough trouble sorting out my hours let alone worrying about trying to work yours out.

Thanks man!

MSilvaBrazil:
Full time job:

Tuesday to Saturday

Double manning or single makes no difference to the rest rules

The driving time is not going to be an issue

You need 45 off every second saturday 1500 to tue 0600 with at least 24 off on the weeks between

Generally that will mean you can do one extra day driving every other week but you might be able to squeeze in a little more with careful planning

These could be done on a 45 off week

Finish sat 1500
rest sat 1500 to 2400
drive sun 0000 to sun 0900
sun 0900 to tue 0600 = 45 off
OR
Finish sat 1500
rest sat 1500 to mon 1200 = 45 off
drive mon 1200 to mon 2100
mon 2100 to tue 0600 = 9 off

See I said someone who can work it out would be along. Well done Rog.

ROG:

MSilvaBrazil:
Full time job:

Tuesday to Saturday

Double manning or single makes no difference to the rest rules

The driving time is not going to be an issue

You need 45 off every second saturday 1500 to tue 0600 with at least 24 off on the weeks between

Generally that will mean you can do one extra day driving every other week but you might be able to squeeze in a little more with careful planning

These could be done on a 45 off week

Finish sat 1500
rest sat 1500 to 2400
drive sun 0000 to sun 0900
sun 0900 to tue 0600 = 45 off
OR
Finish sat 1500
rest sat 1500 to mon 1200 = 45 off
drive mon 1200 to mon 2100
mon 2100 to tue 0600 = 9 off

Thanks man, really appreciate your input. So basically what won’t let me do a quick run and make that extra juicy cash on the days I am working my first job will be my duty time and daily rest.

You could extend a normal day from the 9 hours you currently do to a max of 15 hours meaning you need to start a daily rest by 2100

Normal job 0600 to 1500 then another job from say 1530 to 2100 = ok providing you have a reduced daily rest available ( max 3 between weekly rests)

MSilvaBrazil:

ROG:

Methinks you have been reading too many posts by a certain Member.

ROG:
You could extend a normal day from the 9 hours you currently do to a max of 15 hours meaning you need to start a daily rest by 2100

Normal job 0600 to 1500 then another job from say 1530 to 2100 = ok providing you have a reduced daily rest available ( max 3 between weekly rests)

Spot on!

Héraultais:

MSilvaBrazil:

ROG:

Methinks you have been reading too many posts by a certain Member.

Sent from my LG-K500n using Tapatalk