Little extra rant!

How bout this one,the guy on nites at our place,we have a shift on nites that load all the wagons for the morning,he maybe drives 300yds to load the lorry,weighing in and out sheeting and parking up,maybe a total of 20 mins,but in this time he has managed to lower the seat, crank it rite back so he must be nearly laying down,alter the mirrors so ya cant see a thing when you get in in the morning, not only that,but manages to wipe out ALL the preset radio stations as well as loading with all the windows open,now any driver of animal feed will tell you how much dust n s**t there is when your loading up. we wouldnt mind if he just returned everything back to the way it was but oh no not him,and he wonders why he’s not a popular chappy. Not interested in looking after the kit. I guess everyone has a jason!!!

I can think of something better than Jason to call him!!! :wink: :wink:

meanwhile in Africa

so when you leave the truck wind the seat right up pull it so far forward only a stick insect could get in along with pulling the steering wheel fully back and as low as you can get it … then remove the window fuse and mirror fuse :wink: ■■■■ on his party trick till he learns it’ll take him all night to do the job if you all do it :unamused: :unamused:

Dunno what sort of radios you have in your motors, but on ours there are (I think) three sets of FM presets - If your presets were in Band 1, it may be that he has simply switched to Band 2 or something (a single button press on ours) and all the original presets are still there.

Or it may be that you’ve programmed all your presets on the one Band which has the “auto-tune” function - in which case a single button press will indeed wipe them all and retune to strong local signals.

Or maybe he’s just a plank.

I have the same sort of problems with our night-time shunter/loader - He uses “my” unit as his kipping place in the night (the only other trucks that are left on site all night are day-cabbed rigids) and every morning I find the seat fully reclined, with every possible adjustment altered and the steering wheel reach/rake adjustment changed, as well as the cab reeking of B.O. and/or stale boozy sweat (yuk) as he’s not the cleanest of individuals. He also changes the settings on all the heating/ventilation controls, turns the aircon off and usually leaves the night heater blasting away at full chat (even in the Summer). At least he doesn’t fiddle with the mirrors.

harve:
How bout this one,the guy on nites at our place,we have a shift on nites that load all the wagons for the morning,he maybe drives 300yds to load the lorry,weighing in and out sheeting and parking up,maybe a total of 20 mins,but in this time he has managed to lower the seat, crank it rite back so he must be nearly laying down,alter the mirrors so ya cant see a thing when you get in in the morning, not only that,but manages to wipe out ALL the preset radio stations as well as loading with all the windows open,now any driver of animal feed will tell you how much dust n s**t there is when your loading up. we wouldnt mind if he just returned everything back to the way it was but oh no not him,and he wonders why he’s not a popular chappy. Not interested in looking after the kit. I guess everyone has a jason!!!

So you’d rather him sit in a position that is not comfortable and wipe out the back of the wagon cos it’s too much hassle for you to reset the mirrors in the morning?

As for the radio, I’m with the others.

The music on radio stations at night is generally totally different to what is played during the day. Maybe he can’t stand house or whatever is on the stations you like.

He is probably taller/shorter/thinner/fatter than you so he needs to reach the controls and see out of the mirrors. He could leave everything alone and crash into something if you prefer.

It can be very stuffy at night as equally it can be really quite cold, so he alters the temperature in the cab. Try leaving the the settings/windows alone all day yourself.

You may of course have upset him and he is just getting his own back!

What gets my goat, with regards to radio stations… I had a unit on the Tuesday day shift, night shift took it out on Tuesday night, Wednesday morning I jump in the truck, now when I left it I had all my favourite stations tuned in, fair enough if they don’t like my choices, then change them… But Why in the name of Fk change 3 of the 5 presets to Radio 2■■? Why in the name of Fk does one station need 3 buttons to itself■■?

I genuinely would like to know… Anybody have any insight as to why this may be done■■?

Leave him a[ please dont] note :unamused: :wink:

but like i said,just put everything back the way it was,no problem at all then is there■■?

Sounds like its a co vehicle(not yours) and you are a day man.
Utilise the 15min check to re tune radio,adjust seat . . rearange bull fighting spears ect.

G6Bob:
What gets my goat, with regards to radio stations… I had a unit on the Tuesday day shift, night shift took it out on Tuesday night, Wednesday morning I jump in the truck, now when I left it I had all my favourite stations tuned in, fair enough if they don’t like my choices, then change them… But Why in the name of Fk change 3 of the 5 presets to Radio 2■■? Why in the name of Fk does one station need 3 buttons to itself■■?

I genuinely would like to know… Anybody have any insight as to why this may be done■■?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This is so ■■■■■■■ true! That’s what happens in my usual truck as well and I don’t get it at all! :question: :question: :question: :question: :confused: :confused: :confused: And it’s ALWAYS radio 2 as well! :open_mouth:

I can sympathise as someone who takes a bit of pride in mine and enjoys spending a day in a spotless shinny dashed cab I get massively ■■■■■■ of when the bloke at my place sends me off to do something for ten minutes and I come back to some orders flung on my seat,my door being left open in the middle of the yard which is like the bloody Sahara with half a tonne of dust and crap stuck to my silicone. Can’t really say much tho cause he’s my bloody boss. You’d think he’d be grateful he has a driver who spends a lot of his own time looking after his kit but nope he don’t give a ■■■■. First thing I do on a Monday is wipe the steering wheel, gear knob ,door handle, and hand brake lever down with wet wipes because the fairies have used it to shunt about in without taking there bloody gloves off.

Oh Dear me,this Jason sounds like a right character.Could lift his car on top of the portacabin roof with the forklift.

He’s not the Jason who welds your steel boots to the girder is he?
They’re the worst…