little chains

shuttlespanker:

Suedehead:
Because the driver is a midget(a la Daf Cf) and climbs down them from the bottom step :wink:

so, that’s why Dazaster has ot them on his XF then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Really ■■ I thought that was like an Apollo 13 type deal. 3 blokes to get him in and then he aint getting out again :grimacing: :grimacing:

Can someone post a picture of said chains?

commonrail:
now and then you see a truck with little pieces of chain hanging in front of the front wheels.
what are these for?

thanx

Its a warning sign to tell you the driver is a knob.

If they’re behind the wheels its usually to hold up the mudflaps when they go offroad such as landfill or quarry.

i’ve wondered this too, as EVERY Fire Engine i have ever seen often has 4 or 5 of these. also there are quite a few Hydro and other 4x4 Energy company wagons who have them fitted.

stuartrobbie:
i’ve wondered this too, as EVERY Fire Engine i have ever seen often has 4 or 5 of these. also there are quite a few Hydro and other 4x4 Energy company wagons who have them fitted.

just googled fire engine in images and not one had silly chains on the front …are we both talking about the same thing?

This…
plastic_chain.jpg

i have seen these(also green and white)but i have also seen normal steel ones.
surely someone on here has them fitted…WHY? is it because you are strange or do they actually serve a purpose.

commonrail:
i have seen these(also green and white)but i have also seen normal steel ones.
surely someone on here has them fitted…WHY? is it because you are strange or do they actually serve a purpose.

As has been previously said, its a rough but simple way of seeing if your front axle is overloaded.

toowise:

stuartrobbie:

just googled fire engine in images and not one had silly chains on the front …are we both talking about the same thing?

This…0

no, metal ones hanging from rear axle, apologies

the metal ones on fire engines are probably to reduce the static electricity. different thing entirely.

shuttlespanker:

Suedehead:
Because the driver is a midget(a la Daf Cf) and climbs down them from the bottom step :wink:

so, that’s why Dazaster has ot them on his XF then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

when did you last look at my unit? :question: :question: :question: i ripped em off ages ago, cus they looked gay… infact you was prob in the yard when i did it… but as usual, the old goldfish memory you have must have forgot :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: