little bistro

the little bistro cafe just south of leeming bar is now closed guys to give way to the new motorway upgrade…rumour has it that the londonderry truckstop is due to meet the same fate,is there any truth in the rumour guys

I cannot see the Londonderry closing as it is set a lot further back from where the new road is going to be…but i think the shell garage just before the bistro is in line for closure but there is one thing for certain,once the new road is finished they will have to put another services on somewhere because there will be none between Durham and Wetherby apart from Rainton garage.

I stoppedat the leeming bar services today. A very nice clean place with plenty of truck parking. £10 parking but I don’t know if thers any meal voucher

Girl @ the pumps told me a few week ago that they have 2 year B4 the slip road disappears. However Exelby are building a new site at Leeming Bar and a cafe / parking is supposed to be going there as well

i do a regular trip whereby i tend to terminate my shift in the area any where from scotch corner down to wetherby…what i do find is that places i have used…ie…quernhow…the derry…etc…tend to border on the passed its best days///lol///is ther any places off the a1 track that im not aware of that would be worth visiting

Stopped at Leeming bar last night. £10.00 to park inc £5.00 meal voucher. New lorry parking area in field at back(but not on grass!) Excellent clean facilities. Choice of cafe,bar with meal service or Mac’d,s.

i was in bistro last year they told me they had been given a goof offer and the ywhere going to be offered a new site to set up again with new access to the upgraded motorway.do not know any more at all sorry lads but by the looks of it went i assed last wednesday the place was soon to pulled down.are any of the other truckstops further down the old a1 still open after the new strecth was opened still about.i never used them but if they are how do we get to them now.

Mr B:
I stoppedat the leeming bar services today. A very nice clean place with plenty of truck parking. £10 parking but I don’t know if thers any meal voucher

yes but be very careful of a very steep entrance and exit ramp into the lorry park.my truck will not make it down the ramp,and ive seen some artics struggling.

Went past mon night, Bistro still there, tues night-pile of bricks

topboy trucker:
I cannot see the Londonderry closing as it is set a lot further back from where the new road is going to be…but i think the shell garage just before the bistro is in line for closure but there is one thing for certain,once the new road is finished they will have to put another services on somewhere because there will be none between Durham and Wetherby apart from Rainton garage.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but Rainton has also now gone. The SB Little Chef went last year, but the main North bound Fuel and Services all closed on the 3rd of January this year.

So once past Wetherby heading north, its either Quernhow cafe (yuk!),The Derry, Leeming Bar or Barton. The fuel at Leeming Bar has reopened as a Texaco station.

I heard there’s a proposal for a new service area at Kirby Hills near Boroughbridge but the natives don’t want it. Also Leeming Bar will eventually end up quite a bit off the new motorway alignment and only accessible via a local access road so it’s not liked by those in power for that reason. Theres also a proposal for a new one at the A61 junction at Baldersby. No doubt they will not appear overnight though.

Rep

Shame Rainton has gone, as I used to stop there on a morning and get my paper when heading north, and see Laura… :smiley:

Ken.

Parked at Leeming Bar last week…place was a mud bath and had the container opened during the night…luckily it was empty!

Had a sort of sinking feeling when i clocked the car that was clearly checking out the parked wagons at about 8pm, which sped off when they realised i was looking at them…guess they weren’t smart enough to realise that a container without a bolt and/or container lock is more than likely to be empty!
At least they never woke me up when they were checking!

they shud bulldoze quernhowe and rebuild the bistro