Litter

shullbit:
I remember Lymm truckstop having a big campaign on this which was on the local tv news and involved them installing wide mouth bins at the exit to the truckstop. For some reason it didnt work and the bins have now been removed. I don’t know what went wrong there, perhaps someone from Lymm/moto could explain?

Said bins were funnel Shape at an angle
And we’re fitted to close to the edge . The angle.part stuck out into the road and were damaged by trucks with in a day.
. bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m … r-41426274

robroy:
I just don’t get it., it’s an irrefutable fact that the likes of the Police, councils and all the other official bodies who ■■■■ in the same pot are obsessed with prioritising on money making excercise over substance,
So if they clamped down on this litter issue, not only are they making money but doing something worthwhile.
Why are they not clamping down hard on offenders?

Instead of (or as well as) speed (sorry, ‘‘safety’’ :unamused: ) cameras, why not install litter cameras in known high litter areas and issue ott heavy fines?
Instead of coppers poncing around in tractor units hunting coffee drinkers in trucks, each of them do a litter run in individual unmarked vans…or even council staff which would be even cheaper.
Litter around this country is out of hand.
The otherwise revenue hungry authorities are missing a trick here.

Because like all government organizations (imo…) they’re all there not to do a job as efficiently as possible but to collect paychecks and fat benefits (like early retirement/better pensions etc.) You don’t hear about illegal parking being much of an issue yet most ‘authorities’ dealing with it are private companies

England = Litter everywhere
It’s a cultural thing