Litter

There was a recent thread about the amount of carriers discarded in laybys up and down this land, I’d not noticed until it was mentioned and I’ve looked since.
Not only that, and I’m not just defending lorry drivers, I’ve seen:

1. Macdonalds wrappers discarded in their car park.
  2. Crisp packet thrown from a car window on a busy motorway on the move.
  3. Cig packet thrown from car window on the move.
  4. Cig packet thrown from lorry window on the move.
  5. Lorry driver discarding said carrier bag into hedge bottom
  6. Numerous tab ends thrown from all sorts of vehicles including council bin lorry who I’m guessing shouldn’t have been smoking anyway.
  7. Bloke coming out of my corner shop unwrapping a sandwich and throwing his wrapper into my neighbours garden.
    :sunglasses: Bloke at a petrol station chucking his receipt on the forecourt.
  8. BMW driver, company car type at the services throwing chocolate wrappers out of the window when a bin was less than 10 feet away.
  9. Late night takeaway wrappers all over every high street in every town in the country.
    It’s not just lorry drivers, littering crosses all social divides. Most of the filth in laybys might well have come from trucks but along the motorway network could quite easily be anyone else, as my observations this week would suggest.
    Don’t know what the answer is, I really don’t.

What gets me is who does all this littering? If ever I talk about my disgust at people littering all I get is people agreeing with me, yet lots of people must be at it with the amount there is around

someone walks the same route as me with their dog , when their dog craps they bag it then throw it in the hedge ,bags are hanging out of the bushes , some are 20 ft from a dog bag bin , this morning i picked up all the bags that were not far from my house around 20 of them , when i catch the person ,i am going to post as many of them as i can find through their letter box :imp:

So glad it’s not just me that is getting p****d off with the amount of litter blighting the whole country. Please take some time to have a look at this site and leave a message of support to this guy and his one man battle with the authorities - cleanhighways.co.uk/

Why should the guy battle the Highway Authorities?,

They have to waste taxpayer’s money clearing up other people’s rubbish.

He would be better concentrating on the source of the problem and joining TidyBritain or some such organisation to help educate the boneheaded Scumbags who think littering is acceptable and putting people at risk at the roadside collecting it.

Andrew Gwyne MP is a case in point of a similar ilk always whining that the roads should be cleared rather than people not drop litter :unamused:

A large amount of the rubbish on the road sides are fast food & drinks wrappers & cartons , every few yards along the A449, & that’s only one road! :imp: !