Lithuania/ Latvia

I’ve been asked to find out if you can drive in LT and LV on a Sunday, specifically this Sunday, so does anyone know?

Ta.

The Baltic States had no driving restrictions when I used to be up & down to them, You where good to go once You’d left Poland…not been since 1999 though so may be a touch out of date with My info…

Same as that. Richard just asked me to find out, but I haven’t been since 1999 either.

There are no restrictions in Latvia 100% sure about that. :wink:

no restrictions in Latvia or Lithuania on weekends or bankholidays.
if he gets chance, tell him to head towards belarus via vilnius. there’s a duty free shop on the lithuanian side of the border.

He’s going to Moscow, so he’ll be by-passing Belarus, it used to be the way to go but not since the Baltic states opened up. Cheers for the info re weekends, I’ll pass it on.

no ban still trucks ariving at terehova last sunday via latvia def the best way new road from frankfurt ober to other side of warsaw down to arond 4,5 between the two. still a detour round warsaw for trucks and thanks to the f1 going to moscow apart ffor a few places you can sit on limiter most of way from terehova to moscow thay are resurfacing the road at about 20 -30 ks a week and its proper motorway for about 100 or so ks out of moscow will ad some pics in a diff thread later. will be going again on friday

yup, north of germany and poland no bans at all anywhere

Ta for the info gents. Does anyone know if there’s a way of finding out online what the delay at the border LV-RUS is?

try looking cargo-lt if you google that its top of list and trucks at borders on home page only about 40 trucks waitin to go in wen came out on wednesday but q was at 11k on way out of russia.a tip for your mate on way out is drive past the q and go in hotel /truck park about 500m from border for hour or so then come out into q there we did this and no one bothered us will save him at least a cpl of days

that tip is a good way to get a nice piece of metal through your windscreen. I don’t know about the delays at the latvian borders, but if you choose to detour a couple of hundred km, then estonia has an electronic queue system in place, where you can plan your crossing ahead and won’t have to wait at all : GoSwift | Estonia-Russia border crossing queue management system

chester1:
try looking cargo-lt if you google that its top of list and trucks at borders on home page only about 40 trucks waitin to go in wen came out on wednesday but q was at 11k on way out of russia.a tip for your mate on way out is drive past the q and go in hotel /truck park about 500m from border for hour or so then come out into q there we did this and no one bothered us will save him at least a cpl of days

there’s plenty of people that do that on the romanian border. it’s obvious what they’re up to.
usually the poles.
and it’s goodbye mirrors.

Can we be thankful the days have gone where you sat at about 20k from entering Poland at Franfurt and every three or four hours a chap on a moped would come along and bang on your door to shift up another 4/5 kms. Then after being ripped off by the Polish immigration bods you could look forward to miles upon miles of glorified goat tracks.

raymundo:
Can we be thankful the days have gone where you sat at about 20k from entering Poland at Franfurt and every three or four hours a chap on a moped would come along and bang on your door to shift up another 4/5 kms. Then after being ripped off by the Polish immigration bods you could look forward to miles upon miles of glorified goat tracks.

Spent hours of My life in queues now if I see the 4 ways going on the back of something I break into a cold sweat…

Harry Monk:
Ta for the info gents. Does anyone know if there’s a way of finding out online what the delay at the border LV-RUS is?

The IRU have all the information you need Harry

milodon:
that tip is a good way to get a nice piece of metal through your windscreen. I don’t know about the delays at the latvian borders, but if you choose to detour a couple of hundred km, then estonia has an electronic queue system in place, where you can plan your crossing ahead and won’t have to wait at all : GoSwift | Estonia-Russia border crossing queue management system

Driving past the queues is the sole reason that British Trucks have C type airline couplings :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Those palm couplings are just far too easy to knock off with a broom handle!

while that is probably right, in the eastern parts it gets resolved with somebody breaking his face on somebodys elses fist :laughing:
I’ve had problems even when jumping the queu while carrying humanitarian aid, the truck and trailer all stickered up.

There is a 300 lorry queue today, it will take from 12 to 24 hours to cross it.

milodon:
while that is probably right, in the eastern parts it gets resolved with somebody breaking his face on somebodys elses fist :laughing:
I’ve had problems even when jumping the queu while carrying humanitarian aid, the truck and trailer all stickered up.

That is the problem with giving the Eastern Bloc a bit of power, they would never have dared have a go at a Westerner before :stuck_out_tongue:

How are the conditions for ■■■■■ Riot?

Wheel Nut:

milodon:

That is the problem with giving the Eastern Bloc a bit of power, they would never have dared have a go at a Westerner before :stuck_out_tongue:

How are the conditions for ■■■■■ Riot?

They got 2 years in prison, at least now they will know that a church is not the right place to make ■■■■■ Riots :smiley:

And about jumping the queue jumping its not really possible anymore at Terehova because once you get to the border you get a number and then you just need to wait untill your number comes. But if you go to Grebneva at about 5am in the morning when everyone is sleeping you can try and jump the queue and go straight to the barrier.