Lithuania any help

going there sunday anyone been there recently any help with viniette, parking and driving do’s and donts appreciated? got 2 drops up by latvian border

Have you had a look in the Euro Drivers Info Point yet?
(A sticky, near the top of this forum)
There’s a link in there to info about Lithuania I think, which covers Vignettes and some other info.

Not been there for a long time but even when I did, the roads were ok but not good- similar to Poland- and all of the signposts were in European script, rather than Cyrillic.

If you park where other trucks are parked, you should be ok. You will probably have to pay for this.

Have a good trip!

as simon said the link is there
and shows no vingette
have a look at this

LINK

and try this ONE

I apologise Ste.

We haven’t been much help.

There is a link to the ECG site, which has a report on Freight Traffic Tolls across Europe, but they don’t have much at all on Lithuania.
The only reference is

For some countries available data is so poor that we didn’t risk including it into the report. These countries are Greece, Lithuania and Serbia.

I thought there was a link to Info about the Baltic States, but when I went to check on what we had, it turned out to be a link to South Eastern European States :cry:
Those links Brit Pete has given you are all for Latvia.

try this link for info about the country

LINK

AND HOW ABOUT THIS

Lithuania, any help Brit Pete ?

I think i better go and get a new set of specs

right try these sorry,LINK–1

And LINK–2

THIS oneLINK–3

plus this LINK–4

SOME MORE sites

LINK-5
THIS is to do with health and what injections
you are advised to get,BE warned that
there are TICKS in the country and the
illness they will give you is a type of
menningeittess ;

and the LINK-6
PUT which country you wil be visiting in the search
button and it will display upto date info

and thisLINK–7

READ THROUGH the sticky in europost as you
will need info about poland and that is there,
i will have a look and see if i can find any thing else and i will then post it,

cheers for trying all help is very much appreciated seems to be a black hole there. After a lot of searching the best site i found is this

http://www.lra.lt/en.php/about_lra/general_information/101

mentions the vignette and general road info

thanks i could not get that one to go over to english
so i left it have you looked through the sites
pay heed to the one about the ticks
as if you do meet them the after effects
are very bad,

english is above the search box in the top RH corner

the roads are mostly fine, the vignette is available at the border and most of the gas stations, do not park at an unguarded parking place, or you will be experiencing loss of fuel and or cargo

ticks, well, whatever… do not forget glass beads to trade with the natives as well…

This is why i put the notice about the TICKS
we all park in the shade under trees and belive
me these ticks are also in germany , and the
illness one gets as a result of being bitten
and infected is one
i do not wish to get thank you,

LINK

my apologies, had ticks confused with lice, english not being my first or second language

you can get the vignette at the border where there’s exchange ,kantor and whatever the lithuanian name is.
lithuanians have a funny way word for saying thank you , it sounds something like - achew :slight_smile:

actually there’s no border , but whatever was the border area, you can get your vignette there. 80 km beyond city limits , 50 inside city limits.greetings from Latvia :slight_smile: