Liquid logistics Bridgewater

They are looking for euro drivers,i have simply googled them,it seems the TC has issues with O licencing,Amanda Rayner is from Brian Rayner that went bust owing 5 mill to the tax man.,she is a manager at the tanker firm a transport consultant.
There is info about paperwork issues,and good repute,and maintenance…

toby1234abc:
They are looking for euro drivers,i have simply googled them,it seems the TC has issues with O licencing,Amanda Rayner is from Brian Rayner that went bust owing 5 mill to the tax man.,she is a manager at Liguid.

Liquid Logistics was owned by Nick Wheeler and they lost their O licence in February 2011, they used Transport Consultant Amanda Rayner to help sort their own mess out.

Amanda Rayner nee Selby was MD of BDR Haulage in 2009

BDR failed in April 2010 after she had left the company the previous year

I cant help smiling at the company Address :slight_smile:

Liquid Logistics Ltd
The Clink
Bridgwater
Somerset
TA6 4AB

Brain Rayner is not as bad as folks think,he has an ice cream van business now,and did have a drinking problem,and nearly died from it,i used to work on his containers fleet with Elite out of Eling Wharf,Southampton,the only gripe was the blue eyed boys,that would finish at 7 am on Friday mornings,while most of us would be running in on saturdays from TIilbury or the Isle of Grain,Thamesport,and i idid not get paid night out money for friday night and working saturdays…
The units were spot on,new skeletals,maybe all on finance,they also had the Tarmac work with bulkers and the TNT hub work,

Full report on the roadtransport.com website about the company.

I never had a problem when I was freelancing for Rayners on the newspapers at weekends.
Ivor would phone me up ask if i was free for a saturday night loading Watford or westferry tipping Bridgend and Camarthen, i’d say yeah for £300 and they’d pay it. (probably why they went bust)
I never done it for BDR though, and I’ve heard from some of their driver’s that Amanda is definately an aquired taste.

yer and they cut the TNT work up to [zb]

CRAIG-D:

And just how do you think TNT gained that newspaper work initially ?

Simon:

CRAIG-D:

Craig is I’m sure referring to the parcel/hub work. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

parcel work i was on about

billybigrig:

Simon:

CRAIG-D:

Craig is I’m sure referring to the parcel/hub work. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

OK, how do you think TNT got the parcel work :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
They didn’t invent a new source of parcels, they stole the work off another company by cutting the rate.

Exel by the way, DID invent Newsflow. Before that it was all done in an ad-hoc way, which got the job done but was very in-efficient. Exel Logistics invented the logistical approach which they eventually named Newsflow. TNT chopped the rate and stole that work too.
Exel of course only did it because they could make money, while doing it cheaper than the ad-hoc system in use. In doing that they cut the rates and work from many small hauliers.

toby1234abc:
Brain Rayner is not as bad as folks think,he has an ice cream van business now,and did have a drinking problem,and nearly died from it,

Always a lucrative business to be in, all cash and if you keep a few “specials” under the counter for the schoolkids, it boosts sales of cornets too :wink:

Simon:

CRAIG-D:

They got the work because they were a scab Murdoch owned company and they helped break the printers strike by delivering all News Internationals titles. And when they had done the dirty on behalf of the dirty digger they all got ■■■■ on from a great height! Quel surprise!

Derf:
I never had a problem when I was freelancing for Rayners on the newspapers at weekends.
Ivor would phone me up ask if i was free for a saturday night loading Watford or westferry tipping Bridgend and Camarthen, i’d say yeah for £300 and they’d pay it. (probably why they went bust)
I never done it for BDR though, and I’ve heard from some of their driver’s that Amanda is definately an aquired taste.

Were you in there as a subby? Might have seen you there?

44 Tonne Ton:

Derf:

Were you in there as a subby? Might have seen you there?

Self employed freelancing.
Used to only do Biridgend Camarthen (no one else wanted to do it) - could only just be done on a full card! Often used to run up to Watford with Jane (and more than once helped her move her wagon round Watford!)