Links to Regs please

Hi all, could someone post the link to all the regs for me to print off please. Or does anyone know if I can get any info posted to my address rather than asking my workplace to print the guidelines out?

Cheers :slight_smile:

MikeDBristol:
Hi all, could someone post the link to all the regs for me to print off please. Or does anyone know if I can get any info posted to my address rather than asking my workplace to print the guidelines out?

Cheers :slight_smile:

hi mate
driver hours the only one you need

eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex … 013:EN:PDF

RTD Road transport directive working time

opsi.gov.uk/si/si2005/20050639.htm

there is this one but please read as a guide

online.businesslink.gov.uk/Trans … hicles.pdf

Thanks delboy. :smiley:

MikeDBristol:
Thanks delboy. :smiley:

your more then welcome mate , hope it doesn’t give you a headache :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

There’s also Rules on Drivers’ Hours and Tachographs from VOSA, which you should be able to pick up at any LGV MOT Test station, just by walking in and asking for a copy.

Simon:
There’s also Rules on Drivers’ Hours and Tachographs from VOSA, which you should be able to pick up at any LGV MOT Test station, just by walking in and asking for a copy.

That is the problem though Simon, the vosa leaflet is only a guide, it is the one Rog normally uses and look at the kerfuffle the tacho posts cause until Neil comes and bangs his head on the wall :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks all, I’ve got them printed off.

This might sound daft but does anyone have a method for remembering some of the reg’s? I don’t have the experience of driving over 8 hours in a day or using P.O.A, however i’m looking around for work and need to get these figures in my brain box, and maths wasn’t my strong point.

Any help would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

MikeDBristol:
This might sound daft but does anyone have a method for remembering some of the reg’s? I don’t have the experience of driving over 8 hours in a day or using P.O.A, however i’m looking

SIMPLE DRIVER REGS

ROG:

MikeDBristol:
This might sound daft but does anyone have a method for remembering some of the reg’s? I don’t have the experience of driving over 8 hours in a day or using P.O.A, however i’m looking

SIMPLE DRIVER REGS
Rog. I am quite sure Neil will not mind me quoting him with this. I will take a management decision and risk his wrath… :laughing:

Coffeeholic:
The rules are not that complicated at the moment, most drivers have never actually read them and that coupled with listening to some of the â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  spouted about the rules in RDC waiting rooms, makes them seem far more complicated than they actually are.

I’ll give this simple rules thing a go, here’s my idea.

===========================================
Drive maximum 9 hours a day, but to give you some flexibility you can go to 10 hours twice a week if you want to.
Don’t drive more than 4.5 hours without a break of at least 45 minutes or one break of at least 15 minutes followed by one of at least 30 minutes if that is more convenient.
Don’t drive for more than 56 hours in one week or 90 hours in two.
Daily rest. Minimum of 11 hours a day but to give you some flexibility you can reduce that to 9 hours three times between your weekly rest periods if you want to. To give you some more flexibility you can have a 3 hour rest during your shift and then 9 hours after it and those 12 hours will obviously not count as a reduced rest.
Weekly rest. Minimum of 45 hours at least every other week, the other week your rest can be between 24 and 45 hours but you need to make it up to 45 hours, in one lump attached to another rest period, within 4 weeks.
Note. The options above are just that - optional, you don’t have to make use of them if you don’t want to.

===========================================

I have a strange feeling those simple rules look familiar for some reason. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks very much.

I’ve got some more noob questions but a new post is probably a good idea.