Links On Trucknet?

Can you explain to me why it acceptable for one Member to post a link on Trucknet to the PDA
as here
http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2373

And yet I posted below with some links to some very informative threads that ALL lorry drivers should be aware of, and my thread has been removed■■?

I have had no contact from anyone to explain why and find it extraordinary that a link that one Member posts can stay, and yet another Member posts information pertaining to the plight of Lorry Drivers imprisoned abroad and it’s removed.

Could this be classed as selective moderation ■■?

I think we all know the answer to this one :unamused: :unamused: :laughing:

Pat

I dont see any links to the PDA :open_mouth:

that thread was moved this morning

but it was there

depends how long it was on here and how quick the mods spotted it and removed it i suppose.

oddsodz:
but it was there

It was, but it was removed as soon as a moderator saw it

when most were still in the land of nod!

well i suppose we aint gonna find out if it was a slag of at the pda then??

I guess not!

it might come back as it said they are reviewing it

It was just 3 links to some very informative threads on the PDA but why has QHunters link to a thread on the PDA been allowed to remain??

After all we’re both Members posting threads to the same website after all?

Pat

Pat,
Why not send a P M to a Moderator or Administrator with your Query?
Neither I, nor any other members, would have any idea why these particular threads were removed for review, now would we ? :confused:

Your original post above could be easily misinterpreted as ‘stirring it’, and we wouldn’t want that, eh. :slight_smile:

Not at all deesider…but that was just how QHunters original post appeared…and yet it stayed. :unamused:

I always understood that it was the Mods policy to email or PM Members who had to be moderated in any way, that’s why I waited all day before asking this question■■?

Paty,

Pat:
Not at all deesider…but that was just how QHunters original post appeared…and yet it stayed. :unamused:

Where is this qhunters post that stayed■■?

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2381

It was there when I started this thread…but it appears that the Mods have woken up at last :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Waiting by my email box for an explanation in full :wink:
Pat

Pat:
http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2381

It was there when I started this thread…but it appears that the Mods have woken up at last :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Waiting by my email box for an explanation in full :wink:
Pat

They was no mention of the PDA on that thread!!
I know because I saw it when it was 1st posted!

So still dont know what you are complaining about!
I read most threads and I haven’t seen any mention of the PDA here on trucknet …Good or Bad!!

The origional thread was removed at 7.15am (ish) this morning when it was 1st noticed

There was a link to the PDA Critic…linking to [zb]
And with the words
Professional Drivers Association…I don’t think.

written underneath it. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I understood that ANY links to the PDA website were banned.

I’m fine with that…but it has to work fairly, both for good links and bad links and also for all Members, regardless of who is posting.

Can’t ask for more than that, can we??
Pat

Links to any part of the PDA site are banned on this forum.L.

It wasn’t there at 7.30 this morning Pat!
I looked at the thread :open_mouth:
Mrs Mix locked it for discussion a bit before then!

as Deesider said why dont you just ask admin■■?
I am sure you will find the answer to your question from them.

Pat,
You wrote: ’ it was there when I started this thread.’
Forgive me, but that’s not quite correct ,is it?
You started this particular thread at 6.32, Whereas QHunter’s thread asking about his own missing topic was timed at 4.00, -two and a half hours earlier this afternoon.

So I’ll say it again:
“Your original post above could easily be misinterpreted as ‘stirring it’, and we wouldn’t want that, eh.” :sunglasses:

Pat:

I always understood that it was the Mods policy to email or PM Members who had to be moderated in any way, ,

Well, I can answer that one for you Pat.

This was the policy, but traffic has grown enormously with the growth of the internet in popularity. Moderators ( who are mostly full-time drivers who give their time voluntarily) simply don`t always have the time to do this.

Personally I would allow any PDA member to post a link to the PDA`s site in his/her signature on TruckNet, and vice versa, because to me, this accords with the principle of the net as a free exchange of information.

But its for Rikki to decide TruckNets policy. And for us to respect that. As you once said to me- “You are free to run the Truck driving In Russia website as you wish, and it`s for the PDA to to run ours on the same principle”.

And the same applies here. However, please note that I have said my two pennorth on your behalf.

Vince

Exactly Vince …and Thank you :laughing:

I wouldn’t be saying anything on here now if the original thread, depicting a ‘controversial’ post, and attracting a couple of Trucknet Members to comment when they normally never do on the PDA, hadn’t alerted me to this when I got up at 5am this morning.

I’m quite happy for the PDA to do it’s own thing and hopefully for Trucknet to do the same, but when links appear on here, then it is my duty to make sure they are followed by the sort of stuff that Trucknet Members need to be aware of.

Namely the links I posted to allow people to sign the petition to change the laws involving drivers arrested abroad.

I really thought we were all Lorry Drivers and were fighting the same cause, trying to better the same Industry, and improve the lot we all have to work in every day.

But then again, I’ve been wrong before and no doubt I will be wrong again in the future :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Pat

Pat:
But then again, I’ve been wrong before
Pat

You sure■■? :smiley: