Links in the Forums

its about time the arguing stopped this site is meant to be for drivers.
if a member puts a notice up on the site it should be up to the members to decide what should stay and what should go.
After all what happened to free speach this site is meant to help pass information to drivers ect.

cannonball

CANNONBALL:
its about time the arguing stopped this site is meant to be for drivers.
if a member puts a notice up on the site it should be up to the members to decide what should stay and what should go.
After all what happened to free speach this site is meant to help pass information to drivers ect.

Much as it would be nice to be able to leave the members to decide, this site is a business and therefore we have to have certain rules to protect our interests as such.

We cannot expect our customers to pay to advertise here, and then allow others to post links for free…and the hard fact of the matter is that no advertisers/sponsors = no site.

If you have any further questions/comments on the subject, please feel free to contact me via the private messaging system.

I am appalled to see that the link to the PDA Parking Petition posted by a Trucknet (not PDA) Member has been removed.

I was aware that there was an agreement that only myself from the PDA would post links on Trucknet but I cannot see any grounds whatsoever to remove this.

How a website that purports to be ‘by drivers, for drivers’ can remove the chance for them to support a petition asking the government to provide more lorry parking, in every major town at NO cost to the Industry, when in the very same thread their Members are calling for exactly that I really don’t know.

Is it not time that we all realised that the membership of Trucknet and the PDA are ALL LORRY DRIVERS and have the same needs. :unamused:
Wouldn’t it be a good idea to fight for our collective members needs with one tool and to put aside old animosity from a few people??

2004 is fast approaching and I’d like to see Unity among us all but it certainly won’t happen this way :unamused:

Pat

Pat:
I was aware that there was an agreement that only myself from the PDA would post links on Trucknet but I cannot see any grounds whatsoever to remove this.

No Pat, the agreement was that only you could have a link to the PDA on TruckNet UK and only Rikki can have a link to TruckNet UK on the PDA. You were quite happy with this arrangement and as far as I can recall quite keen to have it.

Once you have rules and agreements you have to be consistent in their application otherwise there is no point in having them because someone would always feel hard done by if a rule was applied to them and not others.

It’s regrettable that the link had to be removed but we have to be seen to be consistent, I’m sure you can see that.

Even to the detriment of Trucknets Members…sorry, but No, I can’t see that :confused: :confused: :confused:

If one of your Members puts up a link to Truckers Moan ot any other website running a petition it will remain?? and yet a Trucknet Member puts up one from the PDA petition and it’s removed…it’s beyond me but then again so is a lot of things at the moment.

Pat

I, for one, always believed that the internet was all about the free exchange of information. I would therefore never remove a link beneficial to my members or guest unless said link is a clear attempt of spamming, poaching or of an objectable nature. The link to the PDA’s parking petition was none of the above and the removal seems the have been an act of petiness on TN’s behalf.
My understanding was that links to articles in the forums should be discouraged, not links the either the PDA’s or visa versa, Trucknets web site.
I will not start to retaliate in kind and just hope that common sense prevails

Henk

Any TruckNetUK member who wishes to post an active link should refer to the post regarding links in the Professional Drivers Forum.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=306

This post quite clearly states that any member wishing to post such a link must ask for permission to do so.

The link in question was quite rightly removed as there was no permission asked for or given.

To put it quite simply, if the member had read the rules regarding links and asked for permission then it would still be there now!!!

Henk as we both know the internet is far from free, but rather than charge members for access we prefer to things the way we do.

Just read that back and before anyone says I’m having a dig about a tenner I wasn’t, I was thinking of the sites that charge to get on them.

cheers
STEVE.

ATKIG11:
Henk as we both know the internet is far from free, but rather than charge members for access we prefer to things the way we do.

STEVE.

Hello Steve,
when I referred to free, I was referring to the information, not what you get charged to visit a site.