Limes cafe A614

Hi did anyone see the police at the limes cafe this morning. There was a (magnum I think)parked up in the coner with police tape all around it and the curtains and that were all closed. Just wondered if anyone knows what had happend.

Been told today by another driver who read about it in local paper,apparently a foreign driver in a Irish reg truck raped a woman in the car park, they caught him at the docks in holyhead, wether the truck you saw was his or not i dont know.

chad.co.uk/sherwood/Man-char … 6286773.jp

Published Date: 11 May 2010
AN Irish man has been charged after allegedly ■■■■■■ a woman in a lorry parked near Bilsthorpe in the early hours of Saturday.
Paul Mongan (24), of Hunts Grove, Ashbourne, in County Meath, has been charged with three counts of ■■■■, three counts of causing a woman to engage in ■■■■■■ activity and one count of false imprisonment.
Monogan is accused of assaulting the woman in a lorry parked on the A614, near to Limes Café, at around 2.55am.
He was later arrested by North Wales Police officers at the Holyhead Port, Wales, on Sunday morning.
Monogan was due to appear at Mansfield Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
Police are still trying to trace some of the woman’s personal belongings.
Among the missing items is a brown imitation leather handbag with a gold buckle, which contained the woman’s personal things and items of clothing.
Anyone with information should contact Sgt Tom Carver, from the Public Protection Unit, on 0300 300 99 99 0300 300 99 99 ext 809 7741. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 0800 555 111.

Update.
thisisnottingham.co.uk/mansf … ticle.html

A 24-YEAR-OLD man has appeared in court accused of ■■■■■■ a woman in a lorry in Bilsthorpe.

Paul Mongan, of Hunts Grove, Ashbourne, in County Meath, Ireland, has been charged with seven offences — three counts of ■■■■, three counts of causing a woman to engage in ■■■■■■ activity, and one count of false imprisonment.

Mongan is alleged to have assaulted the woman in a lorry parked on the A614 in Bilsthorpe, near to Limes Café, at around 2.55am on Saturday.

He was arrested by North Wales Police at Holyhead Port in Wales on Sunday morning.

He appeared Mansfield Magistrates’ Court yesterday where the case was committed to Nottingham Crown Court. He was remanded in custody.

Police are still trying to trace some of the woman’s belongings, including a brown imitation leather handbag with a gold buckle and items of clothing.

Contact Sergeant Tom Carver, from the Public Protection Unit, on 0300 300 9999 0300 300 9999, ext 809 7741 with any information.

Alternatively, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111

Paul Mongan was cleared of all charges March 2011

thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/ … ticle.html

Are you sure this isn’t an old story? Only a very similar thing happened there a few months back. I have to ask why a woman would be there in the first place there’s nothing around there, they do a nice breakfast though :slight_smile:

Ollie if you look at the time/date of the first post :blush:

Oh :laughing:
So he was cleared in march, wtf was she doing there in the first place? Always thought bilsthorpe folk were a bit mad

OllieNotts:
Oh :laughing:
So he was cleared in march, wtf was she doing there in the first place? Always thought bilsthorpe folk were a bit mad

Bit off topic but good to know The Limes is still going, used it a lot years ago always good grub.

Full of Chinese staff so not sure if they own it or not but it’s clean and nice grub always surprised it’s not busier when I pass.

I drove past there one day last year and was going to head back there for a break but came across a nice one just a bit further up the road on a roundabout. It had a large outside area with benches, very nice, can’t remember the name?

The Big Fish?

With 2 garages and a McDonalds next to it.

I had a lovely cod and chips out of there last night.

No this was on it’s own out in the woods, maybe Sherwood Forest?

44 Tonne Ton:
No this was on it’s own out in the woods, maybe Sherwood Forest?

You go left by the round about with the chippy on, Ollerton island is it?
This one here? Google Maps

Never been in but have been passed. Looks like a nice enough cafe.

The Limes when i last went in didnt have any chinese in, i think there was a nice looking young girl in there(not 100% i have the right cafe on the fit girl though) and the food was decent enough. Used to go in there when cycling. The toilets in winter are freezing though!

Think you have the right place joe, as I remember it the toilets were a bit grim, but the rest of the place was spot on.