Likes, Dis-likes, Stereotypes, For photography work!

Okay, so I’m back again asking yet again more questions and not complaining about miserable drivers, although I have seen a vast improvement in happy drivers but thats another story!! :wink: :wink:

My exam is coming up in photography. And again I’m linking it with the haulage industry as this is my desired industry.

I have a few questions for you all, and what ever you say I will be using in my photography project quite literally, getting screenshots of what you write as proof so try keep it clean but if you have a colourful opinion, then give it!! Good or bad every one counts!!!

What are your likes, Dislikes of the road and generally in life all together?
What do you tend to drink when your on the road?
What do you think stereotypes for drivers are?
How much experience do you have on the road, how many years in the industry have you been in it?
Do you like what you do still? If so why, if not why
What sort of driver are you, Day driver, night trunker, Tramper, European flyer, Owner Driver??

I know it is a lot of questions and some may seem personal, which I don’t want to make it seem, but my final exam involves Differences and similarities and basically peoples opinions maybe similar but all are different. And a lot of information can be gathered from here for my project which is why I’m asking :smiley:

Thanks for your help folks :smiley:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

i like what i do, i tramp about round europe, it’s easier than uk work. i get to see some lovely scenary, the money is good.
i take food with me, plenty of fruit, tinned food, fresh veg, bacon and eggs are an absolute must. then as it runs out i find a lidl.

Ok. First of all, being one of the miserable drivers that you asked about in a previous thread, I can confirm that I do not have many likes. You asked for it to be kept clean and seeing as most of my ‘likes’ would involve Beyonce, no clothes and a hot tub I think i’ll keep them to myself. My dislikes are many, with being asked what I like and dislike at the top of the list.

In answer to some of your other questions, at the moment i’m an o/d (not sure for how much longer) i’ve been on the road for about 20 yrs, as a tramper, store delivery driver, night trunker and so on, occasionally I still like what I do, but the bad days seem to far outweigh the good un’s nowadays.

Finally, as for stereo types, I use a Kenwood :laughing:

Glad to have been able to help :laughing:

jonnytruckfest:
Okay, so I’m back again asking yet again more questions and not complaining about miserable drivers, although I have seen a vast improvement in happy drivers but thats another story!! :wink: :wink:

My exam is coming up in photography. And again I’m linking it with the haulage industry as this is my desired industry.

I have a few questions for you all, and what ever you say I will be using in my photography project quite literally, getting screenshots of what you write as proof so try keep it clean but if you have a colourful opinion, then give it!! Good or bad every one counts!!!

I like a nice drive with lots of lovely scenery and a nice place to stop for a break.

I dislike bad driving from anyone but especially so called professionals!
I dislike the lack of decent facilities in this country for professional drivers.
I dislike having to have 3 cards plus my counterpart to show the relevant authorities when asked, all of which is a cost for me at a time when wages are going backwards.
I dislike the driver CPC in its’ current form, it is a complete waste of time by and large.
I dislike two sets of regs to govern a drivers working day. Not necessary.
I dislike the rolling fortnight for drivers hours as it complicates things for many drivers.
I dislike the increasing number of penalties being levied on drivers who are just trying to make a living and not trying to drive a horse and cart through the regs.
I dislike a 9 at base should be 11 if you’re not out in the cab.
I dislike anyone deducting a second 45 break which I have taken solely to comply with the hours regs.
Apart from that I like the job!color]

Usually a nice Cabernet/Shiraz/Merlot type of red! Or water.Maybe one cuppa tea.

Fat and aggressive.

How much experience do you have on the road, how many years in the industry have you been in it?
Been working as a driver since 1985, do the maths Jonny!

I look forward to those days that have all the right ingredients and just keep trucking the rest of the time!

What sort of driver are you, Day driver, night trunker, Tramper, European flyer, Owner Driver??
Done all those with the exception of continental and currently doing a night trunk.

I know it is a lot of questions and some may seem personal, which I don’t want to make it seem, but my final exam involves Differences and similarities and basically peoples opinions maybe similar but all are different. And a lot of information can be gathered from here for my project which is why I’m asking :smiley:

It’s an absolute pleasure Jonny boy!

Cheers

Thank you for the replies keep them coming the more I get the more I have to work with, I will answer peoples posts, just very busy at the moment with Photography work and Psychology work.

Cheers

Likes: There’s still a certain amount of freedom in the job. Every day is different in some way. Beats working in an office.

Dislikes: Numptys who have no idea what they’re doing, and not the 1st clue about what’s going on around them.

Drink: Coffee. Plenty of.

Stereotypes: Fat unwashed thicko’s. Although there are still plenty out there.

Experience: 20yrs on the road, the last 10 on artics.

I’m a tramper. Mainly UK but with the odd euro run thrown in.

limeyphil:
i like what i do, i tramp about round europe, it’s easier than uk work. i get to see some lovely scenary, the money is good.
i take food with me, plenty of fruit, tinned food, fresh veg, bacon and eggs are an absolute must. then as it runs out i find a lidl.

Its great to see someone that still likes what they do, How long have you been driving phil?? & I’m lucky to have a Netto, Asda, morrisons, tesco, Home bargains and many other ‘cheap’ shops within walking distance from my college, Can’t go wrong!!!

£2.00 for a stale sandwich which made me ill
92p for a bottle of pepsi
70p for a flapjack :open_mouth: Theres are college prices :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Only decent thing here is there being a starbucks in college which is at a cheaper rate than the shops themselves.
£2.80 for a large late :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Cheers

MrHappy:
Ok. First of all, being one of the miserable drivers that you asked about in a previous thread, I can confirm that I do not have many likes. You asked for it to be kept clean and seeing as most of my ‘likes’ would involve Beyonce, no clothes and a hot tub I think i’ll keep them to myself. My dislikes are many, with being asked what I like and dislike at the top of the list.

In answer to some of your other questions, at the moment i’m an o/d (not sure for how much longer) i’ve been on the road for about 20 yrs, as a tramper, store delivery driver, night trunker and so on, occasionally I still like what I do, but the bad days seem to far outweigh the good un’s nowadays.

:wink: Well that defeats the purpose of your name Mr Happy should be Mr Grumps :laughing: :smiley:

Could you tell me the likes and dis-likes of the o/d lark?? As that would help to my final exam as well :smiley:

Not bad stereo, Can’t be any worse than the Stereo in my dads old scania when he was on the tippers :open_mouth:

Been a great help, Thank you indeed Mr Happy :sunglasses:

Cheers

44 Tonne Ton:

jonnytruckfest:

I like a nice drive with lots of lovely scenery and a nice place to stop for a break.

I dislike bad driving from anyone but especially so called professionals!
I dislike the lack of decent facilities in this country for professional drivers.
I dislike having to have 3 cards plus my counterpart to show the relevant authorities when asked, all of which is a cost for me at a time when wages are going backwards.
I dislike the driver CPC in its’ current form, it is a complete waste of time by and large.
I dislike two sets of regs to govern a drivers working day. Not necessary.
I dislike the rolling fortnight for drivers hours as it complicates things for many drivers.
I dislike the increasing number of penalties being levied on drivers who are just trying to make a living and not trying to drive a horse and cart through the regs.
I dislike a 9 at base should be 11 if you’re not out in the cab.
I dislike anyone deducting a second 45 break which I have taken solely to comply with the hours regs.
Apart from that I like the job!color]

This is very much what will help me of peoples likes and dis-likes for my exam which I thank you indeed for that!! Just a shame really about the dis-likes out weighing the likes but, I understand the reason for them!! :slight_smile:

Usually a nice Cabernet/Shiraz/Merlot type of red! Or water.Maybe one cuppa tea.
Nice choice, Black tea with 2 sugars. Suits me fine for a morning!! :sunglasses:

Fat and aggressive.

Again thank you!!

Been working as a driver since 1985, do the maths Jonny!

:blush: Been driving before I was even around!! 26 Years this year. Along time, much respect :sunglasses:

I look forward to those days that have all the right ingredients and just keep trucking the rest of the time!

What are the right ingredients for a right day then :grimacing: ■■

Done all those with the exception of continental and currently doing a night trunk.

So what do you do now?? Regarding the driving. :sunglasses:

It’s an absolute pleasure Jonny boy!
Thank you mate for your help!! Much appreciated :grimacing: :grimacing:

Cheers

DaiDap:
Likes: There’s still a certain amount of freedom in the job. Every day is different in some way. Beats working in an office.

Dislikes: Numptys who have no idea what they’re doing, and not the 1st clue about what’s going on around them.

Drink: Coffee. Plenty of.

Stereotypes: Fat unwashed thicko’s. Although there are still plenty out there.

Experience: 20yrs on the road, the last 10 on artics.

I’m a tramper. Mainly UK but with the odd euro run thrown in.

Thank you for your input!! This will help me imensly. :smiley:

Cheers

jonnytruckfest:

MrHappy:

:wink: Well that defeats the purpose of your name Mr Happy should be Mr Grumps :lol: :smiley:

No. Its irony! :smiley:

Could you tell me the likes and dis-likes of the o/d lark?? As that would help to my final exam as well :smiley:

I’ll try. Imagine something that you always wanted to do, you’ve asked people that you respect for their opinion and then ignored the advice you’ve received and gone ahead regardless. At first you can’t understand what all the fuss was about, its nice, your truck is yours, your start up money is holding up well and life is great.

All of a sudden you start waking up at all hours worrying about whether your first cheque will arrive on time, could I have filled up somewhere cheaper, where is my hair going, will everyone who told me so, try not to look TOO smug!

Apart from this, I like the fact that I tried it, cos at least now I know that I preferred being an employed driver rather than an owner driver and I’ve no shame in admitting that.

By the way, i’ve always been miserable, not just since becoming an o/d! :laughing:

Not bad stereo, Can’t be any worse than the Stereo in my dads old scania when he was on the tippers :open_mouth:

Been a great help, Thank you indeed Mr Happy :sunglasses:

You’re very welcome, glad you took it in the way it was intended :laughing:

Cheers

Well Mr Happy,
Thank you for your input indeed, and I will be using your input for my sketchbook for my final project. I hope you don’t object to it but I do think that with what I’m doing that this could make for the best final piece for the exam. :wink: :wink: Shocking, someone at college making the trucking industry rather popular in the photography department with some of my work and that’s just my coursework!!!

Cheers

jonnytruckfest:
Well Mr Happy,
Thank you for your input indeed, and I will be using your input for my sketchbook for my final project. I hope you don’t object to it but I do think that with what I’m doing that this could make for the best final piece for the exam. :wink: :wink: Shocking, someone at college making the trucking industry rather popular in the photography department with some of my work and that’s just my coursework!!!

Cheers

No objection at all mate, good luck :smiley:

Cheers mate,

I’ll mind to post pictures up of my work so you all know your best efforts have gone to good use!!!

Cheers

jonnytruckfest:
Thank you for the replies keep them coming the more I get the more I have to work with, I will answer peoples posts, just very busy at the moment with Photography work and Psychology work.

Cheers

photography, and psychology?
so, your future will consist of photographing nutters. your future will consist of photographing truck drivers.
it’s prety much the same thing really. :laughing:

you asked how long i’ve been driving.
well i nicked my first moped around the time argentina invaded the falklands.

limeyphil:

jonnytruckfest:

Cheers

photography, and psychology?
so, your future will consist of photographing nutters. your future will consist of photographing truck drivers.
it’s prety much the same thing really. :laughing:

you asked how long i’ve been driving.
well i nicked my first moped around the time argentina invaded the falklands.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: LOL

If i wanted to photograph nutters I’d get a picture of my dad!! :laughing: I chose psychology because I thought it would be an interesting subject to learn… :open_mouth: A bit like something good, its good in small doses but week in week out :open_mouth: :open_mouth: It would send you mad!!! & what I’ve been studying well it’s shocking to see how many nutters there are in the world who call themselves psychologists!! :open_mouth:

I meant how long have you been driving trucks, Legally :wink:

Cheers

i’ve never knowingly driven a truck legally in my life. :laughing:

:wink: Back on topic, As I love having a laugh this is an important thread, as it’s going to help me get the best exam mark possible :wink: :wink:

Cheers

i drove my first car at the age of 7 or 8. my dad let me. he even made me turn the starting handle. if i wanted to drive it, i had to start it.
i did my first trip to spain at the age of 17. my brother had his own unit. i then bought an old turkish tilt.
i then bought a few tippers. and eventually thought i best get an hgv licence.
so its’ been a while. but i can’t really remember when i became legal ish.
the illegal, and legal bit sort of blended.

i feel sorry for the youngsters of today. they can’t get away with a beer mat as a tax disk any more.

If anyone else can help that would be great :wink: I have a week to get as many responses as possible :grimacing:
:laughing: :laughing: My teachers is urm wondering where my project is going and isn’t too worried :laughing:

Cheers