Lightning Express DAF 45

Does anyone remember or are they still going, a company from the north east called Lightning Express. I know they were in a magazine at some point with a little DAF 45 rigid used mainly on delivering car parts to Europe on a double manned express. The truck was airbrushed with fighter jets and aircraft. Had lots of lights all over. I’m trying to find some photos of said truck or even the magazine article. Any help as always appreciated. :slight_smile:

think this is what you’re looking for :slight_smile:

Thats the kiddy, any idea where it is now??

I saw it on eBay maybe 6 months ago.

Mr 141:
Thats the kiddy, any idea where it is now??

Looking at the phone number I’d say they were from the newcastle/durham area

When i was pulling IRF trailers, we used to (i think IRF still do) load groupage from Seaham, and their yard was on the same estate.

eBay!! Unbelievable how much and who bought it??!!

Mr 141:
eBay!! Unbelievable how much and who bought it??!!

Sorry can’t remember, I don’t think it had the light bars

Mr 141:
Does anyone remember or are they still going, a company from the north east called Lightning Express. I know they were in a magazine at some point with a little DAF 45 rigid used mainly on delivering car parts to Europe on a double manned express. The truck was airbrushed with fighter jets and aircraft. Had lots of lights all over. I’m trying to find some photos of said truck or even the magazine article. Any help as always appreciated. :slight_smile:

As far as i know they shut down , they did a lot of work out of nsk bearings in peterlee which was usually linestoppers all over europe , they had quite a few iveco stralis artics as well , still see them about but with the name removed , i have the magazine in question somewhere in the house :confused:

No more pictures??