Lightest

Hi all,what 6x2 unit would you say is the lightest
Cheers Dean

either the CF low roof or the Premium low roof

how light do you need it

shuttlespanker:

Question answered, nothing to be added :wink:

Ive got a 2006 Scania Highline with a lightweight midlift, fixed 5th wheel, no air kit, alloy wheels, pulling a 2009 bathtub Fruenhaf, it weighs in at 14.20 tonnes with a full tank, a light outfit, and better than a DAF, lol :grimacing:

jimmy2loads:
Ive got a 2006 Scania Highline with a lightweight midlift, fixed 5th wheel, no air kit, alloy wheels, pulling a 2009 bathtub Fruenhaf, it weighs in at 14.20 tonnes with a full tank, a light outfit, and better than a DAF, lol :grimacing:

what happened with the V8?

shuttlespanker:

I would say the DAF. There’s a haulier round here who has a high roof CF with small lift axle coupled to a smallish (but oldish) Fruehauf bathtub and I’ve seen him on the weighbridge at under 13800kg.

Paul

I’ve got a 510 cf ftp, high roof conversion on alloly wheels. It weighs around 7.6 ready to go.

N14ERF:
I’ve got a 510 cf ftp, high roof conversion on alloly wheels. It weighs around 7.6 ready to go.

Show off :smiley: :laughing:

DAFMAD:

N14ERF:

Show off :smiley: :laughing:

Makes a change to be able to, have had some complete rubbish in the past (seddon 301 twinsteer!!!) :smiley:

Daf ftp is a very good truck, just keep an eye on centre axle wheel bearings :frowning:

jimmy2loads:

Was that unit green when you bought it by any chance??

xfmatt:

jimmy2loads:

Id say that was an ex Hoyer unit judging by the small mid-lift.

shuttlespanker:

jimmy2loads:

Payload is king dude, so it had to go, its not a bad motor to be fair though

Jacko123:

xfmatt:

jimmy2loads:

Id say that was an ex Hoyer unit judging by the small mid-lift.

Spot on Jacko

jimmy2loads:

shuttlespanker:

jimmy2loads:

roughly, what is the difference in tare weight between the V8 Topline that you had and the 6 pot highline?

shuttlespanker:

jimmy2loads:

shuttlespanker:

jimmy2loads:

roughly, what is the difference in tare weight between the V8 Topline that you had and the 6 pot highline?

The Highline is nearly a tonne lighter than the V8, it was weighing in at about 15:10/15:20 with half a tank dude

jimmy2loads:

In January 2011, jimmy2loads:
I am fortunate to have excellent work, so as long as i can get 29t in the box, then im happy

It’s not just me who is finding it harder and harder to make money out of the bulk game then compared to a couple of years ago…

That’s a tidy looking rig you have there and surprisingly light.

Paul

repton:

jimmy2loads:

I am fortunate to have excellent work, so as long as i can get 29t in the box, then im happy

It’s not just me who is finding it harder and harder to make money out of the bulk game then compared to a couple of years ago…

Paul

It’s always up and down Paul. There will be at least 20% less wheat to move this year, bonus for you may be, you might have to cart some of it around a while before you get rid of it.
If I hear of owt I’ll let you know. Did you ever get anywhere with Steve?

repton:

jimmy2loads:

Paul

Cheers Paul they do go together quite well, i am pleased with the truck, apart from the opticruise gearbox!! :frowning: :frowning:

I am still on the same job, but i wanted to maximise my earnings, the extra tonne is worth about £5000 over the year, which in the current climate cant be ignored.

I was behind a lad waiting to tip today, he was in a big tag axle V8, all the bells, etc, i nearly fell over when he told me his tare was 16.20!! Its was a mint truck, but thats just to heavy for me.