Lifting tag/ mid axles

It says in the manual when loading and unloading to drop the lifted axle (26 tonne 3 axle merc class 2 with a tag axle lift). Question is, apart from the obvious signs of being heavy, does the onboard load sensors know if the lift axle is needed and stay down?

Surely it would be manually operated only no?

AndrewG:
Surely it would be manually operated only no?

It would drop automatically if needed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes they are automatic usually. Some you’ll have to press button to lift when empty but most of not all go down automatically

Every days a learning day…i was just used to my old F7 in the UK which i had an F10 tag axle fitted, it was manual lift only…mind you that was old school and going back some…

I always lift the mid axle when empty to save on tyre scrub on an axle that is not needed.

Plus on our T Range Renaults, they are awful to drive when empty with the mid axle down on our flat trailers with an Atlas crane at the front. Lifting the mid axle makes them more stable and less wheelspin.

Ken.

I’ll always lift mine when spinning around even if it is fully loaded .

andy_s:
It says in the manual when loading and unloading to drop the lifted axle (26 tonne 3 axle merc class 2 with a tag axle lift). Question is, apart from the obvious signs of being heavy, does the onboard load sensors know if the lift axle is needed and stay down?

My Scania tag axle goes down when it reaches a certain weight and stays down until I tell it to come back up.

Phenomenal for maneuvering when it’s up.

A.

Quinny:
I always lift the mid axle when empty to save on tyre scrub on an axle that is not needed.

Plus on our T Range Renaults, they are awful to drive when empty with the mid axle down on our flat trailers with an Atlas crane at the front. Lifting the mid axle makes them more stable and less wheelspin.

Ken.

You have to lift the mid-lift or tag when it’s not laden, otherwise you will get wheelspin any time the mid lift is on the ground and the drive wheels aren’t (e.g. when going over a bump), and you won’t go anywhere.