Lifestyle change

Well 5 months shy of 50. And been given contract in my new job for wilkinsons which I am loving, no nights out has given me time too take up running or jogging :laughing: Purchased a very expensive pair of trainers that are designed for just running and have just completed a mile today with only one small stop ,must cut them toenails :unamused: Any way loved it feel so much better already , all I can say is if you can get the money albeit a little less than tramping get the hell out of sleeping in cabs and eating ■■■■■ :exclamation: Off to pub later for arsenal v Tottenham hotshit and a small beer :laughing:

Your getting on my effin ■■■■ with your bloody cheeriness! ■■■■ off! :grimacing:

DrivingMissDaisy:
Your getting on my effin ■■■■ with your bloody cheeriness! [zb] off! :grimacing:

That’s cos I’m HAPPY at last :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

So at 49 someone passed a derogatory comment regarding your condition or you have a new young girlfriend so you decided to take up running wearing a pair of shoes made in a
Chinese sweat shop and sold to you at a greatly inflated price which should direct your effort straight to your local already overly stretched A&E department because you are
entering a mid-life crisis and have a lack of concern for our already overstretched NHS staff. Shame on you, we slovenly scum with the bad diet and habits ensure by our lifestyle
we do not become a burden on the state by departing this earth at an appropiate time.

Armagedon:
So at 49 someone passed a derogatory comment regarding your condition or you have a new young girlfriend so you decided to take up running wearing a pair of shoes made in a
Chinese sweat shop and sold to you at a greatly inflated price which should direct your effort straight to your local already overly stretched A&E department because you are
entering a mid-life crisis and have a lack of concern for our already overstretched NHS staff. Shame on you, we slovenly scum with the bad diet and habits ensure by our lifestyle
we do not become a burden on the state by departing this earth at an appropiate time.

Hilarious . . . but at the same time, worryingly too close to the truth!!

On a more serious note, when you bought those “expensive” trainers did you go to the trouble of having the shop check your gate (stride) with you running on a treadmill and they video how you plant your feet while running, then play back & analyse the info, so that they can suggest the right type of “expensive” trainers to suit your stride. Good “running” shops will do this FOC.
Getting the wrong trainers can cause you problems with your feet, legs, & back

Its that amusing time of year, when hundreds of people head to the gym for the 1st time, wearing ill fitting & inappropriate kit such as deck shoe “slippers” & cause themselves problems.
but on the plus side 99% of them usually give up after 4-5 weeks

sonofjamie:

Armagedon:

Hilarious . . . but at the same time, worryingly too close to the truth!!

Lol. Neither of the 1st 2 but the new young girlfriend would be nice :laughing: Had my annual healthcheck and didn’t do very well due to my love of the local hostilerys and the evolvement of sky sports in the said buildings , I used to be a hardened mountain biker but alas I sold all my stuff , so rather than have a early grave apparently !! I will now look like a prat in my donnay track suit and hopefully live to at least have a chance of driving a super truck in the next 20 years before I go part time !!!

peirre:
On a more serious note, when you bought those “expensive” trainers did you go to the trouble of having the shop check your gate (stride) with you running on a treadmill and they video how you plant your feet while running, then play back & analyse the info, so that they can suggest the right type of “expensive” trainers to suit your stride. Good “running” shops will do this FOC.
Getting the wrong trainers can cause you problems with your feet, legs, & back

No I didn’t but if I last longer than 2 months and become addicted I will go too running world which is close by me and re invest and take the test

Good on you for getting out there. I started running back in August and am now up to around ten miles. I’d echo the comments about gait analysis, though: shoes that don’t correct your gait will do nothing but make your legs hurt (and possibly injure you) and put you off. But you probably won’t do yourself any harm over a mile or so. If you can afford one, I’d also recommend a Garmin Forerunner 10. These track your route and tell you how far, how fast and how many calories you’ve burnt. They’re not cheap but they are a great motivator. And enter an event or two: 5km is a good distance to aim at for a start. Find your nearest Parkrun: they organise a free 5km event every Saturday.
Good luck!

Go Mo go.Bolt better watch out.

Rhythm Thief you started running in August and your now up to 10 miles, not been running overly fast then…couldn’t resist it.

topmixer11:
No I didn’t but if I last longer than 2 months and become addicted I will go too running world which is close by me and re invest and take the test

By the time 2 months have passed, you may have done enough to injure yourself.
Take a trip down to Running world with your new training shoes and have your gait checked

I confess most of my running is on the treadmill in the gym but it still keeps me fit

peirre:

topmixer11:

By the time 2 months have passed, you may have done enough to injure yourself.
Take a trip down to Running world with your new training shoes and have your gait checked

I confess most of my running is on the treadmill in the gym but it still keeps me fit

My shoes are for neutral arch just checked my gate in house by wetting foot and looking at imprint as instructed looks ok

Good on you!

But tramping doesn’t stop you getting fit. If you step out of the lorry onto a surface - you can run on it. You can run around a lorry park, a service area, the local area, or just on the spot! You have a perfect gym with you at all times if you know how to use it - your own body weight. And you can eat healthily if you really try.

Good luck - but be warned - if can become wonderfully addictive :smiley:

Armagedon:
Rhythm Thief you started running in August and your now up to 10 miles, not been running overly fast then…couldn’t resist it.

Should be clocking up my eleventh mile any day now. :laughing:

Wish I could go running again as did a lot when younger

But due to a accident & damaged my back just wouldnt be a good idea I do have to do physio twice a day & do other exercise to keep fit eat healthy & still tramp

There are several other members on here who have lost weight eat healthy exercise & tramp or did so it can be done

I do have good running shoes & yep my feet were checked & bought the best 1’s for me

Well done ,I took up running two years ago, did a half marathon june2013 and now try to do at least thirty miles running during the week , I love it never felt so good and I ll be 57 in September.

Good on you, never too late to take up a bit of fitness. Set yourself an achievable goal and go for it ! i went from zero running to doin 10k’s and a half marathon and never felt better.

■■■■ i miss those Embassy Number 1’s though.