Life working for an agency!

One left he wanted to do class one and other on sick. Yeah give them a ring and ask for eve or kay, they are lovely people and very well known for the High standard of training.

stockporthgv.co.uk

You must be working your b*****ks off! So go on what is the exact pay there then just an insight for me if you dont mind spilling! Yes im definately going to give them a call this afternoon.

Check your in box mate

Hi Damo - I’m based in Manchester and I’ve been working C2 for Pertemps in Cheetham Hill for about a month or so. Found them to be a good honest bunch and they get me 4 or 5 days work a week - almost always C2, with the occassional 7.5t job. Work can be hard - especially when you need to handball a full C2, but in the main it is multi-drop pallet work. Can be a ballache if you’re dropping at RDCs (Retail Distribution Centres) as they will only tip you if you arrive at their stated time - but then they will keep you waiting - and waiting - and waiting - and they will not allow you to take a break on their premises, so you clock up a lot of POA. I’m sure the Class 1 drivers can tell you all about RDCs though - doing it regularly must try their patience!

Pertemps rates are about average - 8 to 8:50 p/h for C2, but as most jobs will clock in between 10 -12 hours, and they pay you mileage and a meal allowance (£5 for over 5 hours, £10 for 10 hours) you can scratch a living.

Covered quite a range of work, and gaining experience and confidence with each week - you need to be presentable and adapatable, and not a boy racer - but if you fit the bill then they will do all right by you.

Passed my C2 two years ago in London, and did a bit of driving in London, but our capital city is no place to drive a lorry so I didn’t have a huge amount of experience when I moved back to Manchester.

Good luck with your C2, and give Pertemps a shout.

I worked for agency for a while never stopped had to turn some work down due to hr this was from march of this year she didnt want me to leave but got a full time job like you have bill to pay & only me

You could try David Bratts for work he takes on newbies nearly all flats mind &cab be out most of the week

The thing is though theres alot of work going now through agencies but then after crimbo its going to become hard to come by I imagine. This david bratts sounds promising though is that who your working for mate? What do you need to do just give them a call?

Dont work for him bit far for me as live in North East but know some people who have/do work for him as far as I know not the best payer but will take newbies on & show you the ropes keep you busy mainly flats pay for parking as & when decent kit

Give him a call ask not sure who you need to speak to

carlbutler:
Hi Damo - I’m based in Manchester and I’ve been working C2 for Pertemps in Cheetham Hill for about a month or so. Found them to be a good honest bunch and they get me 4 or 5 days work a week - almost always C2, with the occassional 7.5t job. Work can be hard - especially when you need to handball a full C2, but in the main it is multi-drop pallet work. Can be a ballache if you’re dropping at RDCs (Retail Distribution Centres) as they will only tip you if you arrive at their stated time - but then they will keep you waiting - and waiting - and waiting - and they will not allow you to take a break on their premises, so you clock up a lot of POA. I’m sure the Class 1 drivers can tell you all about RDCs though - doing it regularly must try their patience!

Pertemps rates are about average - 8 to 8:50 p/h for C2, but as most jobs will clock in between 10 -12 hours, and they pay you mileage and a meal allowance (£5 for over 5 hours, £10 for 10 hours) you can scratch a living.

Covered quite a range of work, and gaining experience and confidence with each week - you need to be presentable and adapatable, and not a boy racer - but if you fit the bill then they will do all right by you.

Passed my C2 two years ago in London, and did a bit of driving in London, but our capital city is no place to drive a lorry so I didn’t have a huge amount of experience when I moved back to Manchester.

Good luck with your C2, and give Pertemps a shout.

You may have found Pertemps Manchester a " good honest bunch " I found em to be a set of lying ■■■■■■■■ who had ■■■■ all work and ■■■■■■ me about something rotten !!! needless to say ■■■■ em .