Life on the bus 12 weeks and 3 days on

Well where do I start? My 23-year marriage came to an end on 19 September 2011. My own fault I hasten to add. As luck would have it, the week before I’d bought a 1970’s Bristol VR Double Decker bus. For the last 10 years I have had the dream of living on a bus, in an alternative lifestyle and start working less and living more.

So a week later I got a text which meant I had 4 hours to ,

Cut enough seats away upstairs to get a bed on
Organise delivery of a bed, shop for bedding pillows and make it habitable.

I then took a week off work and fit a log burner, separated the bedroom, made a make shift kitchen and bathroom and get comfy.

Today, 15 December has been the first big test. It snowed overnight.

I have fitted an oil feed to the log burner that now runs on old oil, it drip feeds onto the wood which acts as a wick. Warm as toast

The temps at the moment are outside is 5’c
Downstairs in the workshop 24’c
Bedroom 20’c
Kitchen 22’c the only thing is that when the fire dies down the flue that heats the bedroom becomes mealy warm, my solution was to fit a radiator in the bedroom and heat it from a 8mm coil round the base of the flue downstairs. It works a treat and as I feed the log burner with engine oil the system will work all night.
I’m getting there.

nice. i’m one day hoping to convert a coach, double glazed :smiley: of course.

how have you found finding parking? any problems with vandals?

Take some pics. :wink:

bigvern1:
Take some pics. :wink:

+1

I remember your posts from a few months back. Good to see that things are going right for you now.

That sounds great, I also want pics!

Also requiring pics! :slight_smile:

That is a longheld fantasy of mine and great to see someone giving it a go!

I have loads of photos right from day one but my normal host don’t like talking to my blackberry.

If anyone could recomend one

For the time being there’s a coupleof pics of it if you follow the link below

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&source=mog&hl=en&gl=us&client=ms-rim&q=bristol%20vr%20ffl%20463v&sa=N

this one?

flickr.com/photos/scottishco … 277670166/

kemperink:
this one?

flickr.com/photos/scottishco … 277670166/

That’s the one

Lot to be said for being single. You’ve got your freedom…and hopefully kept your cash.

My birds forever telling me we are finished, if only. First thing i would be doing as a single man is taking a holiday in Thailand for couple of months then when i come back (not to Glasgow) choose the best location in uk for work and plan save for my next holiday, enjoying to the max my sparetime/freedom.

All being well this should work.

Upstairs rear

Now it looks like this

Looks great, I really would love to live on a bus, convert it all, I’ll keep following your story.

Have you left the handle bars on the back of the bus above the BED for a reason■■? LMAO. :smiling_imp: :unamused: :smiling_imp:

Nice to see the old push bell strip still there as well. Does it still work?

I never was a big fan of the Bristol, but did like the Atlantean and the Leyland National.

Ken.

This is my trailer. I really wish I’d have put a night heater in though as it does get a bit nippy.

nice inside 10-08 but whats the outside like and is it for steam shows or permenant accomadation.

eh not as nice outside… still need to trim it and a few more coats of paint and maybe some pin striping. Its perm accommodation although I have to be honest and say that the inside is nowhere near that tidy now.
It is a mini atric trailer, it used to be a science lab pulled on the back of a fifth wheel transit. Had to put in new doors and windows new skylight as the old one had leaked and rotted the roof so we had to fix that. Added another layer of insulation and kited it out came to a bit under £4000. It puzzles me why people waste money buying houses.

do you have any pics of the outside?