Liecence renawal (not related to current topic)

Section 4b on mine states mid of october, reading the DVLA website it says they will send out a D47PU form to me, is this just for people requiring medicals or “profesinal” drivers alike.
It also says I’d have to do this evey 5 years, which makes me think its for the older generation that require medicals. I’m a over a decade away from needing my first medical, does anyone have an experience in with this?

Bonus question will this also be a good time to update my photo?

How old are you now ?

It’s a different form for drivers over 45 requiring a medical (D47P renewal form & D4 medical examination form).

If you passed your test from January 2013 onward then you need to sign a declaration stating that you are physically fit to drive & meet the medical standards every 5 years - hence the 5 year licence - up to 45 at which point you’ll need a medical.

They’ll let you know if you need a new photo but I suppose you can change it if you want to.

tommymanc:
Section 4b on mine states mid of october, reading the DVLA website it says they will send out a D47PU form to me, is this just for people requiring medicals or “profesinal” drivers alike.
It also says I’d have to do this evey 5 years, which makes me think its for the older generation that require medicals. I’m a over a decade away from needing my first medical, does anyone have an experience in with this?

Bonus question will this also be a good time to update my photo?

D47PU is just a renewal form for your LGV Licence which you renew every 5 years.
Medical forms are required if your renewal is within 56 days of your 45th birthday (When you become 45 you will be older generation like ALL lgv Drivers)
Answer to your bonus question,I would say YES