Lidls Scotland

Highlander:

Steve-o:
why would you ever want to contact them? I feel deeply sorry for all who have to deliver there. Pollock driver I was talking to said he done a shift or two for them. Better money than Pollock but [zb] shops. Self tip and reload, having to blind side at most shops etc

Can’t really see what the problem is with the Lidl system.I would rather tip myself than sit around in a waiting room for 2 or 3 hrs.I know there is a long wait to get on a bay sometimes,but you can get that in any RDC.

As for shop deliveries,my firm deliver to 7 shops in the Highlands.All but one are accessed through the car-park :open_mouth: and it can get a bit tight because of badly parked cars.It’s amazing how many people have difficulty parking straight in a marked parking place,or even get fully into it at all :unamused: :unamused:
All the bays are on a slope,varying from a gentle gradient to something resembling the north face of Ben Nevis :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Each shop has an electric pallet truck,so the slope isn,t really an issue.If for any reason the electric truck is unavailable,then you have to use a manual barrow,which can be interesting :smiley: Also can be a problem with plant/flower racks and milk cages,as no-one has thought to put a brake on a couple of the castors :unamused:
I lost a cage of milk out the back door at Inverness shop last week :blush: :blush:

The problem with the Llidl system is, you are doing the a job you are not trained to do and if anuthing goes wrong you are to blame.

Before you say anything, I know unloading a trailer is a no brainer and anyone could do it.
But, are you insured to do it, what if you hit someone or injure yourself, what if you drop a pallet. Who is responsible.

Before you start to unload you have to sign a disclaimer saying you are trained and competent to use an electric barrow, you can ask for training but all that entails is the manager showing you up or down and backwards and forwards.
If you do not sign they will give you a pump truck to unload 33 pallets.

The way I see it is, we are responsible for the goods only to the back end of the trailer, we are not wharehouse men, we are drivers. You wouldn’t go to another RDC and expect the forklift driver to reverse the truck on to the bay would you, why should we be expected to operate a forklift or barrow at a RDC.

Llidl’s use drivers as unpaid staff. Don’t say, but I get paid by the hour, because you would be getting that money anyway.

But drivers being drivers, they back on to a bay after being greeted by a goods in clerk who hates the site of you, will send you away without a bye or leave, then sign the disclaimer, unload their trailer and then wait for their notes without batting an eyelid.

Steve-o:
When I got to the livingstone rdc on friday morning the que was out the gate and round the roundabout. Have they never heard of timed deliveries?

i love it i only take in one or two pallets for them so we hand our notes in and bypass the massive que. its just chaos at livingston , the one at weston can be chaotic to

What about aldi? I,m sure they have a better system

ravanoli:
O Sorry Simon i thought this site was here to help people like me :open_mouth:
I thought maybe someone would have a contact :open_mouth: I will ask for your permission before i make another post :angry: Mister no it all. :imp: :imp:

As has been said before, Mr No Nothing.
Do you need assistance with wiping your arse as well ■■?

Simon:

ravanoli:
I thought maybe someone would have a contact :open_mouth: I will ask for your permission before i make another post :angry: Mister no it all. :imp: :imp:

It took you 6 days to come back with that reply :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
You name the Toilet! I will be there.

ravanoli:

Simon:

ravanoli:

It took you 6 days to come back with that reply :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
You name the Toilet! I will be there.

Maybe Simon went out on Sunday and didnt come home till late last night :unamused: :unamused: