Lidl newton aycliffe

hi all. going to lidl newton aycliffe for first time tomorrow what time does it open and wats it like? help very much apperciated :smiley:

I’ve never been there myself, but they do have a store finder, if you have the adress http://213.144.6.110/lidl/searchAddressGb.do?lng=en&plz=&city=newton%20ayeclife

Pull in, park in the queue. Walk over to the window, hand in papers and get told what bay no. Drive to bay, find way in, self tip. Drive back to window to get papers and drive out.
You will drive round twice. If i remember it opens at 06.00

tommy t:
I’ve never been there myself, but they do have a store finder, if you have the adress http://213.144.6.110/lidl/searchAddressGb.do?lng=en&plz=&city=newton%20ayeclife

That would be ok for stores and here’s the address for the rdc I have in my bible although I havn’t been there personally so you would do well to confirm first.

Moordale road off Millenium way,
Aycliffe business park,
Co Durham,
DL5 6BA.

Don’t forget to reload empty pallets n check out near McDonald’s for a pallet yard so u can get rid of your emptys and a few quid in ya back pocket
:sunglasses:

On a side note…When/why, did drivers agree to all this self tip nonsense? I recently got landed with a container load of plonk to Lidl’s Livingston warehouse, drivers are expected to do it all & not a word of thanks from anyone!

What does everyone think on this self tipping procedure.

I would prefer it (I’m guessing its a pallet truck job) so i could do it at my own pace and not have to sit in a waiting room getting bored, plus burn a few colories as well.

Remember when self tipping leave on other work as vosa are ofter there & do check

I have been banned from there & not even been same as Aldi in Darlington you will need saftey boots on & they do give you an electric pallet truck

All illegal, and your not INSURED! :laughing: please don’t break a leg and then ASK THEM TO DRIVE YOU HOME :sunglasses: because they can’t! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

SWEDISH BLUE:
Pull in, park in the queue. Walk over to the window, hand in papers and get told what bay no. Drive to bay, find way in, self tip. Drive back to window to get papers and drive out.

While that all sounds so easy, in reality it can be so different.
Turn up at 0600 and you’ll probably find a dozen drivers already queueing at the goods in window.
Then the queue of trucks builds up and blocks access to the waiting area.
You can queue at the window for 40 minutes or more, only to be given a pager as they are busy. You’ll notice that most of the bays are empty.
Chilled and frozen are around the other side, more queues to join.
When you are empty, move back to the waiting area and have a break as your notes are unlikley to be ready.
Then again some days you can turn up and the place is near deserted.
Have a nice day.
I should be there at about 0620

busteredwards:
On a side note…When/why, did drivers agree to all this self tip nonsense? I recently got landed with a container load of plonk to Lidl’s Livingston warehouse, drivers are expected to do it all & not a word of thanks from anyone!

A word! You’d be be lucky to get a grunt from that miserable ■■■■■■■ Alec round the back at chill and the young lad at the window isn’t much better. It’s not an English hating thing either as they are the same with the Scots.

Fatboy slimslow:
All illegal, and your not INSURED! :laughing: please don’t break a leg and then ASK THEM TO DRIVE YOU HOME :sunglasses: because they can’t! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Not sure about illegal, also you could be insured, you will have to check with ALDI’s insurance broker… Or give them some grief on the Facebook page, ALDI are getting plenty of abuse over parking tickets.

I wouldn’t do it, I am not trained to use a pump truck or electric truck. Paid by the hour so a 11 hour tip would be very nice

I refuse to do it, especially ALDI atherstone :grimacing: asked to see THEIR insurance, couldn’t show it = don’t do it! :laughing: honestly break your leg or damage someone’s load! :sunglasses: they won’t drive your wagon home for you, neither will they pay YOUR SICK PAY WHILST SAT AT HOME FOR SEVEN WEEKS! :smiley: think on screwdrivers, you must turn the tables on to them! You’re DRIVERS not ALDI warehousemen :smiley:

here comes trouble:

SWEDISH BLUE:

While that all sounds so easy, in reality it can be so different.
Turn up at 0600 and you’ll probably find a dozen drivers already queueing at the goods in window.
Then the queue of trucks builds up and blocks access to the waiting area.
You can queue at the window for 40 minutes or more, only to be given a pager as they are busy. You’ll notice that most of the bays are empty.
Chilled and frozen are around the other side, more queues to join.
When you are empty, move back to the waiting area and have a break as your notes are unlikley to be ready.
Then again some days you can turn up and the place is near deserted.
Have a nice day.
I should be there at about 0620

that just about sums it up 30 odd bays per side of the building and they will use 4 of them. the only person to get straight on a bay is the bread man!. you could arrive at 6 and still be there at 1300. tried my hardest to get banned from enfield but all he did was put me to the back of the queue and tell me i had a bad attitude after asking how long i was likely to be after the 5 hours i already waited!!! :imp:

Enfield would be “ground zero” in the event of me having access to nuclear weapons.

Crap yard, crap staff and bloody pallet trucks with no bloody charge on em by the time you are actually deemed worthy to tip.

Not working for Affa are you ?

@poster