Late but not sure of Lidl ambient , ta

Just get there before dinner

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

dozy:
Have they a window for ambient deliveries , I’ve a 6 am booking
Tomorrow & wont be there until 10 am .
I know Aldi would bounce chilled deliveries if
Late but not sure of Lidl ambient , ta

Depends which one you’re going to and if it’s a full load turn up at 10 with a 6am booking at Southampton and be prepared for a long wait or if they’re busy come again tomorrow

Let your planner worry about it.

toonsy:
Let your planner worry about it.

+1

Ring and tell them you have a regular booking every Friday evening and you can’t be late again for it because the missus is sick of throwing out good steak

Shouldn’t that be sick of feeding good steak to strange drivers :smiley:

turn up .
See what they say .
Ring your office
tell them what Lidl said
ask what to do
wait for an answer
Then do what they say .
Why the drama ?

Slightly off topic but I remember an entire trailer of canned drinks got rejected at the coop because the pallets were every so slightly leaning to one side. Driver was having a melt down.

Could of easily been corrected by the forklift driver when unloading but ah well.

adam277:
Slightly off topic but I remember an entire trailer of canned drinks got rejected at the coop because the pallets were every so slightly leaning to one side. Driver was having a melt down.

Could of easily been corrected by the forklift driver when unloading but ah well.

Maybe he was having a meltdown because he would carry the can for spoiling the load?

I can see why people get frustrated with the larger places. Currently I’m sat in a DHL establishment waiting for a FLT driver to take one pallet of stationary supplies off of me - the kind where if I turned up in a courier van it wouldn’t be an issue but in an artic it’s much more complex seemingly.

So far it’s been one hour. And then theres wonder as to why theres a productivity crisis… and these are supplying to one of our national institutions in the form of the NHS…

toonsy:

adam277:

Maybe he was having a meltdown because he would carry the can for spoiling the load?

I can see why people get frustrated with the larger places. Currently I’m sat in a DHL establishment waiting for a FLT driver to take one pallet of stationary supplies off of me - the kind where if I turned up in a courier van it wouldn’t be an issue but in an artic it’s much more complex seemingly.

So far it’s been one hour. And then theres wonder as to why theres a productivity crisis… and these are supplying to one of our national institutions in the form of the NHS…

Never ceases to amaze at the inefficiency of these places our regular tip in France is 30 minutes for a full load of beef and a reload we do in Belgium the record so far is 12 minutes for 33 pallets so it’s obviously not too hard to do

Honestly do not know how you guys do the RDC stuff.

When I am at co-op and tesco and I see the drivers waiting for hours on end… unable to enter their cab forced to sit in a waiting room usually with only one toilet… They look so depressed.

adam277:
Honestly do not know how you guys do the RDC stuff.

When I am at co-op and tesco and I see the drivers waiting for hours on end… unable to enter their cab forced to sit in a waiting room usually with only one toilet… They look so depressed.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
self inflicted misery.
either that or they can handle being bored,idle and looked upon by their surroundings as dirt on the soles of their feet…get another job with a bit more self respect.

Waitrose…

Bracknell, I sit in the cab. Asda Burton Latimer/Gadbrook, I sit in the cab, Ocado Dordon/Hatfield I sit in the cab, Aldi Goldthorpe I jump on a double pallet fork lift thingy machine and hoof it off. Aldi Neston, I sit in the cab. Sainsbury’s Dartford/Thamesmead/Waltham Point I sit in the canteen with free wi-fi and discounted food.

I agree some of them can be dumps but I’m not obliged to talk to anyone, so I just read my Kindle and add waffle to Trucknet.