License question

Hi,

My dad used to hold a class 2 license until he let it lapse by not going for a five yearly medical. He has continued driving (only 7.5ts) since his class 2 lapsed.

My question is can the license be reinstated just by going for a medical? He is now 55 so has missed two medicals!

Thanks in advance

yes

Yes as far as i know

there is no time limit, just ask dvla to send you the correct medical forms,pass the medical and send it back to dvla with the correct fee and the licence will be reinstated :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

As said YES

He has passed the required standard of driving to allow him to hold a licence of …what ever…
The medical is only required to show that your fit to drive the vehicle of said classes.
It would be the same as holding a HGV LICENCE and not doing the CPC(D) It will not stop you from driving a HGV of what ever class but will stop you from driving it for reward i.e getting paid to do work.

I’m not sure about now but in times gone by( christ that makes me sound really old :blush: :blush: :blush: ) there was a technicality that if you hadnt drivin for 6 months or a year you were ment to re-take a medical. and please note I’m talking a long time ago so dont jump and bite my head off :laughing:

I was reading up on this a little yesterday after the initial response of yes… I cant find anywhere on the DVLA or the Vosa websites where it tells you what to do if you medical has elapsed which I thought was a bit crap.

Anyways, I noticed that if you had a license before 1991 when they combined HGV licenses with car licenses so all licenses are together, he should hold a C+E restricted so he can drive wagon an drag. Anyone know if this is correct?

welltin:
I was reading up on this a little yesterday after the initial response of yes… I cant find anywhere on the DVLA or the Vosa websites where it tells you what to do if you medical has elapsed which I thought was a bit crap.

Anyways, I noticed that if you had a license before 1991 when they combined HGV licenses with car licenses so all licenses are together, he should hold a C+E restricted so he can drive wagon an drag. Anyone know if this is correct?

correct :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: