licencing help

Hello All
Can you help me please . I have had my renewal form through for my lorry and bus entitlement (c+e) which I have had since 1993. If I don’t renew it am I still permitted to drive 7.5 toners and vans or tow trailers behind my pick up truck ( up to 3500 kgs)

I haven’t driven an artic for the last 10 years so I don’t really need that part anymore but I don’t want to lose the other part if it is connected to it. Many thanks Tom

eurostar520:
Hello All
Can you help me please . I have had my renewal form through for my lorry and bus entitlement (c+e) which I have had since 1993. If I don’t renew it am I still permitted to drive 7.5 toners and vans or tow trailers behind my pick up truck ( up to 3500 kgs)

I haven’t driven an artic for the last 10 years so I don’t really need that part anymore but I don’t want to lose the other part if it is connected to it. Many thanks Tom

YES is the simple answer because you have a pre 1997 car licence

Letting your D4 medical expire means suspending all those LGV/PCV categories gained by passing a DSA test and can be regained in the future at any time by passing a new D4 medical

Just remember that the pre 97 C1+E has a 107 code which restricts you to a max MAM, not GTW, of 8.250 tonnes

NOTE:- B+E is not under the D4 medical rules so even if you suspend C+E and did not have a pre 97 car licence that B+E would remain valid as long as B remains valid

At age 70 any pre 97 categories with a C or D in them will need a D4 medical which will last for 3 years

Is your D4 medical due soon or has it expired already?

It expired last friday.

eurostar520:
It expired last friday.

■■■■ !!

If was still valid then changing the photo on your photocard even if not due now would have got you LGV extended until November 2018

Pity you did not ask about this a few weeks ago … oh well

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106565

Letting your D4 medical expire means suspending all those LGV/PCV categories gained by passing a DSA test and can be regained in the future at any time by passing a new D4 medical

I have seen this stated on websites elsewhere. I have also seen people state categorically that you have ten years. My own experience, back in the mid 90s was that the DVLA told me “ten years.”

Can anyone point me to the place on the DVLA website, where it says anything about this, or is that the point - ie. that it is not specified.

Santa:

I have seen this stated on websites elsewhere. I have also seen people state categorically that you have ten years. My own experience, back in the mid 90s was that the DVLA told me “ten years.”

Can anyone point me to the place on the DVLA website, where it says anything about this, or is that the point - ie. that it is not specified.

The only time that a driver may have an issue is if they have not renewed since 1984 because it was after that when it all went on computer so that would explain the 10 year bit in the mid nineties

There is nothing about a time limit on any website so that tells you there is not one but to confirm you can always call DVLA

Thanks very much for your help chaps.