Licence Trouble

kenno78:
Ello mate, and welcome to the madness!! :laughing: :laughing:
I have a dr10 on my license from 2001 and was banned for driving for 2 years meself, and a lot of jobs advertised are saying
do not apply if you have any DD/DR/T99 convictions etc, but to be honest i have been lucky with finding work and have stuck with
the same job since regaining my license. There are employers out there mate who will take you on, so just keep on looking about
and im sure you will ave a result eventually! Ignore all the Negative on ere mate, and keep posotive!! :slight_smile: :wink:

All the best for the New Year, :smiley:

Wayne.

Cheers “Kenno78”
I hope things get better next year. Even without convictions its hard enough at the moment to find work. But I will keep plugging away

have a good new year

suzukiboy:
Thanks coddy your comments are very helpfull mate.

We all make mistakes and most people learn from them me included

How difficult is it to slow down for a camera (Just in case) then speed up again■■?

As for halos, doubt it, I ride a Blackbird, and yes it been up to the max, time and place for everything…

Coddy:

suzukiboy:
Thanks coddy your comments are very helpfull mate.

We all make mistakes and most people learn from them me included

How difficult is it to slow down for a camera (Just in case) then speed up again■■?

As for halos, doubt it, I ride a Blackbird, and yes it been up to the max, time and place for everything…

He’s just had a bit of bad luck Codeye!! No need to rub it in about Blackbirds n all that.

Coddy:

Unless I have read the first post incorrectly, it seems that, as a newbie to LGV driving, he was unaware that the cameras can detect the different types of vehicle and reset the limits accordingly.

ive a tt99 on my license and lucky for me my employer took me back with no hesitations,
i got a 6mth ban + a extra 3mths courtesy of the traffic commissioner.
my tt99 has only effected me with my car insurances being sky high,
ps thanks for posting this subject up,as ive just looked at my paper counter part and WHOOOOPEEEEE tt99 is know 4yrs and 11days old(time to get it off)

Points for 36 in a 30, 47 in a 40 etc (minor IMO) can soon mount up nowadays with all the enforcement out there so you really do need to be extra careful. At the risk of stating the obvious your biggest mistake seems to be thinking anyone’s going to be “impressed” by rushing around when all it’s done is got you banned with no work, which (again IMO) is the lesson here :slight_smile:

Sorry about your prediciment, but keep trying there are employers who will take you on.
Don’t pay to much heed to coddy’s comments his fav pastime is winding people up.
Flat out on a blackbird, 186 mph, if that was in this country thats jail time, and he calls me dangerous!
Unless he was being racist :wink:

i drive along that road fairly regulary at silly o’clock in the morning, and i’l admit i tank it down that road when its safe, and so do other lorry drivers who have overtaken me when i’ve been doing 40mph on it,

which camera you referring to? as there are 3. was it the one in the village with the 40mph speed limit, (on your left hand side if your coming from peterborough)

or the one on the right hand side that is now out of action as you come down the hill from peterborough :question:

or the one on your right hand side as you come down the hill towards the a14 :question:

It must be a coincidence that we always come down the hill to the scamera, Aye, funny that!

suzukiboy:

oldskoolfordsrule:
Welcome to my world i have just finished my 6 month ban, however I don’t get my h.g.v back until may due to a further 6 months I received from the traffic commissioner.
I think it may prove quite hard to find a job with a tt88 on our licence, but I suppose their may always be someone looking for a driver even with tt88 on licence.

If I don’t find anything local I will just go back with the Irish :smiley: :smiley:

Well I know how you must be feeling mate. Good luck when you do get your licence back mate, I had to beg the TC for a good 15mins to get my class 1 entitlement back. what were you banned for mate?

2 sp10
1 sp30
1 cu80

Which equals a totting up of 6 months and extra 6 months with TC after a little argument hence the extra 3 months :smiley: :smiley:

In case anyone wants to know -
CU80 Using a mobile phone while driving a motor vehicle

ROG:
In case anyone wants to know -
CU80 Using a mobile phone while driving a motor vehicle

Thanks Rog :wink:

Wow…so many people with bans and shedloads of points. I have only ever had three ever since getting my provisional car licence 20 years ago. I have never had points as a HGV driver and only ever one FPN for the box junctions on the roundabout at the top of the Tyne Tunnel when someone dashed out in front of me and I had to stop with a few feet overhanging it.

To get so many points in such a short time really takes some doing. Interesting that you think you were driving OK and safely doing 50MPH on quite a crap road having only recently passed your test.

That was a good way to blow £2k on wasted training. Might as well look for another job. You’re basically unemployable for the next few years and will struggle considerably after that as there are plenty of DECENT drivers looking for work with no points on their licence.

Don’t be surprised if the Traffic Commissioner refuses the re-issue of your HGV licence when the ban comes to an end or they choose to revoke it on the grounds of a being of ill repute if you somehow manage to hold onto your licence.

Conor:
Don’t be surprised if the Traffic Commissioner refuses the re-issue of your HGV licence when the ban comes to an end or they choose to revoke it on the grounds of a being of ill repute if you somehow manage to hold onto your licence.

Get mines back on may, think you should open your eyes to the real world mate and not everybody’s perfect :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
Now if you want a dig, go and do it elsewhere
Why the ■■■■ should we be shot down cause we made silly mistakes in our life’s,
This site is full of too many ■■■■■■■■■ with too much time on their hands

Sorry for the rant but its way overdue

Can we really judge a driver by the no. of points that he aquires. If a driver is involved in agriculture he may well spend his time on B roads and never go near a camera so has little opportunity to be awarded points.

Conor:
Wow…so many people with bans and shedloads of points. I have only ever had three ever since getting my provisional car licence 20 years ago. I have never had points as a HGV driver and only ever one FPN for the box junctions on the roundabout at the top of the Tyne Tunnel when someone dashed out in front of me and I had to stop with a few feet overhanging it.

To get so many points in such a short time really takes some doing. Interesting that you think you were driving OK and safely doing 50MPH on quite a crap road having only recently passed your test.

That was a good way to blow £2k on wasted training. Might as well look for another job. You’re basically unemployable for the next few years and will struggle considerably after that as there are plenty of DECENT drivers looking for work with no points on their licence.

■■■■■■■ clown!

Conor:

Wow Conor people like you really do make forums like this very interesting… I hope you pay more attention to the road than you do reading posts. I have already got my licence back mate I have had it since september 2008. The traffic commisioner gave me my entitlement back as soon as my ban was up.

and like many people have said we all make mistakes and since september 2008 I have not broken any speed limits or broken any wtd rules. happy new mate take care now

I should have lost my license over the last 3 years for getting caught speeding 4 times while driving a transit. I never replied when the pictures etc came through the post and never heard another word from any of them :sunglasses:

I had 8 points when i was 16 for driving my moped without insurance :angry:

All i have now is a CU80 with 3 points from September 2007, so that will come off in 9 months :sunglasses:

C-Kay:
All i have now is a CU80 with 3 points from September 2007, so that will come off in 9 months :sunglasses:

It won’t count towards any future totting up after Sept 2010 but will stay on your licence til Sept 2011.

Is it not on there for 3 years?