licence return time

Passed my class c today, and the examiner said he would send my licence off to the dvla for me.

Just wondering how long it will take for it to be returned to me with my c+e provisional entitlement added?

Both my tests resulted in a 10 day turn around time.

If you don’t get it next week, you’ll get it soon after. Impossible to say cos it varies between 4 days and 4 weeks. But normally closer to 4 days.

You can check online to see when the category has been added and you’re legal to drive now (if you’ve done driver cpc).

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Mine was back just over a week later and that was with the delay for new year .
Check your licence on the dvla website and when the provisional for c+e shows your license should be on your door mat a couple of days later .

Hi m8,

I passed my test on the 15th Jan, but I didn’t let the examiner send it as I had my mod 4 the next day so I sent off for it on the 16th and that’s it just online today. I phoned the dvla a couple of times to try and find out when it would be back as I was waiting to book c+e, but they would not give any info till it was 3 weeks since sent. So yesterday I sent an email explaining my situation and got a reply an hour later from a vocational officer saying that’s it processed and sent.

When I applied for the provisional it only took 1 week to return, and my dqc card arrived 5 days after my mod 4 was complete.

I passed C+E on the 20th of January and got my licence back on the 2nd of February

My provisional licence took over 2 months to return.

Passed class 2 , I sent it off and it took 3.5 weeks

Does anyone actually know if it’s quicker or not to have the examiner send your licence off for you? Mine asked if I wanted him to do it, so I said yes.

When I passed my category C, I let the examiner send my licence away and iirc it had taken between 1 + 2 week to get send back to me.

You could always check to see when your licence has been updated on DVLA site.