Licence return time

Hi all,

How long does it normally take the DVLA to return a licence after passing a test ?
Is it normal to show as an unclaimed pass ?

I know they say it takes up to 3 weeks, but when I sent the medical and provisional application it showed new cats online within a few days and my licence was back in a week. I passed my cat C on Thursday the 15th. I didn’t let the examiner send
my licence off as I had my module 4 the next morning, my DQC card arrived 5 days later. I posted my licence and pass certificate on Friday the 16th and it showed online as an unclaimed pass on Tuesday the 20th and its still showing as an unclaimed pass. I’m waiting to do my C+E but cant go any further till my licence is returned :frowning: I tried calling the DVLA to see if I could get any info as to how long and they just said they wont look into it till its been at least 3 weeks.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Des

Wow… I had to check to see if I made your post…I passed class 2…has a cpc week so I sent it off myself… Still haven’t received it back and phoned dvla yesterday only to be told " 3 week rule"
I posted on the 13th and still have to wait a week…But at least i found out that All paperwork has been booked in so THEY know that i have passed class 2. Just waiting on the vocational officer to complete all paperwork and send the licence to me…
When you are looking for a job in a new career the days seem like weeks waiting for paperwork,training,testing and return of licences…
I started the “hgv” process on the 18th November…So by the time I take the class 1 ( and I will pass( fingers crossed)) it will be 3 months… All good things come to those who wait…

I know they say it takes up to 3 weeks, but when I sent the medical and provisional application it showed new cats online within a few days and my licence was back in a week. I passed my cat C on Thursday the 15th. I didn’t let the examiner send
my licence off as I had my module 4 the next morning, my DQC card arrived 5 days later. I posted my licence and pass certificate on Friday the 16th and it showed online as an unclaimed pass on Tuesday the 20th and its still showing as an unclaimed pass. I’m waiting to do my C+E but cant go any further till my licence is returned :frowning: I tried calling the DVLA to see if I could get any info as to how long and they just said they wont look into it till its been at least 3 weeks.

It must be well into the system for you to have received your DQC. Normally, the licence arrives within 2 or 3 days of the DVQ.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: